The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-22-2015, 01:11 AM   #1
blazercrazy70

Is it better to change motor stands or leave stock

I have read a ton of posts on here anybody chime in if Im wrong but what it looks like if you use perches you can mount the ac in stock location and run headers. If you run stock engine stands you can use tbss manifolds and have to relocate ac compressor. Question is if I put the new CPP engine stands in can I run the manifolds
blazercrazy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 05:31 PM   #2
68c10airstream

Re: Is it better to change motor stands or leave stock

Can you weld? If so look at 98-02 f body mounts and possible newer camaro, and it's been a while since i've seen tbss engine mounts. All of these mounts sit low, completely out of the way of everything. If you mocked these up i believe a welded on perch from your stock crossmember rearward would have a clean install. The cpp mounts look like they come up and on top of your frame, in the way of headers and A/C. I used the organ donor 5.3 in my 68 and i will be doing stock A/C down low on the ps side. I made my own perches down low on my crossmember using 2001 4x4 mounts because it was there and and i knew there would be no mounting hassles using gm stuff. Nothing against what most are doing, i sometimes go out of the norm. Good luck, Brian F.
68c10airstream is offline   Reply With Quote