The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-26-2015, 10:37 PM   #1
'65 chevy lover

Need help repairing floor rust damage

Howdy all. I have a '65 c10 that has significant rust damage in the floor. I'm trying to get my truck up and running by fall and, need to get this done before I can continue. I had someone from the forum that was going to help me but, he won't return calls. I need someone that has knowlage of repairing rust damage. I have the tools to do the job, I just need someone that knows what the hell is going on. I'm willing to pay for the help. If you want to earn some extra money, give me a call. Billy @ 817-909-4011
'65 chevy lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 09:15 PM   #2
dougf

Re: Need help repairing floor rust damage

Billy, there are TONS of people here that will help without you paying. I have done this job on my 66, if you post some pics we will tell you what parts you need and give some advice. There's quite a few threads here in the build section that show the process and document it quite well. Pictures help a ton, and im sure you will get plenty of advice and help.
dougf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 09:18 PM   #3
DPowers
One foot in front of the other

True that...
Check out the FAQ sections for TONS of info.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=646002
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 09:04 PM   #4
'65 chevy lover

I'm unable to down load pics right now. Something up with computer. Been looking at the links provided, they are very good. I know rockers on both sides and much of the floor on both sides up toward the front of the cab need to be replaced. As soon as I can, I'll post pics. Thanks for the help.
'65 chevy lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 09:11 PM   #5
jdl71

FWIW I know you said significant rust damage and I haven't seen it in person but it from what it sounds like it's pretty typical damage. Yes it probably is significant and might look intimidating but it sounds just about exactly like the one I'm currently working on and likely hundreds of others that have been on this board. My point is don't let it scare you. Lots of people who have never done this before (myself included) have tackled this with pretty good success. There's plenty of help available on this board and I wish you luck.

64 C10

66 K20
jdl71 is offline   Reply With Quote