The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-28-2015, 11:10 PM   #1
Bladeboy1998

grandpa sending gifts from the grave

My grandpa died March 28th in 2008, today, 7 years ago. I figured what better thing to do than start going through our semi trailers full of stuff. He was somewhat of a packrat, no not somewhat, he was a packrat!
They owned breaker cartige company back on the 70s, it was a small family owned and run trucking company. They sold it in 1980. We serviced our own trucks, so we had a huge parts stash. Nobody knew that he kept all the parts when they sold it. I found all the parts! All new old stock, all in the original package. There is tons of stuff!

There is brand new tapered roller bearings, a spot light for when your truck breaks down on the road, electric fuel pumps, a small bottle of hydro fluid.

There is 9 brand new tail light lenses for the trailers, all of them still in their original box, 6 are still in the display carton. 4 boxes of brand new headlight bulbs, 3 or them never opened! Fuel filters, oil filters, brand new stick on blind spot mirrors, turn signal flashers x-alot, wheel bearings, a new tube of form-a-gasket, 7 brand new Delco remy distributer caps. He has 22 of the filters o need for my ford 351 in my mastercraft! Yes 22!

This is a roadside flare for when you break down, there is supposed to be batteries for them, the one thing he doesn't have! Lol

Another one, this one branded international harvester co.

I think this is the coolest thing yet! A holley governor 2bbl carb for the international loadstar truck we had! It needs rebuilt, luckily he has us covered! 3 rebuild kits!
This just goes to show, being a packrat does pay off, just not right away.
And to those of you that recommended rigid industries lights, thank you, I got 2 sets, they are ****ing awesome!

This thing just looks mean! Wait till it has some mud on it! ��
This is not a what is it worth add

HE ATE MY ****ING GRAPENUTS!!!!!!
I don't always drive a truck, but when I do, I drive a CHEVY.
Bladeboy1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 11:20 PM   #2
Jason Banks

Re: grandpa sending gifts from the grave

This is a huge reminder to myself, don't buy anything until I'm ready to install it. I have so many parts for vehicles I no longer have.
Jason Banks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 11:23 PM   #3
Bladeboy1998

But just think, you might have another one day and you WILL kick yourself for getting rid of the parts, believe me, I've done it with 4 wheelers a lot! I learned though.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:26 PM   #4
Bladeboy1998

I also have a manual trans I need to see if anybody knows what it is, I know it is a 4 speed and we think it is from an international loadstar, but it could also be a ford, not sure which, I will upload pics tomorrow.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:31 AM   #5
PAWS 72

Bunch of good looking old parts. We never know what our grand parents kept until their gone.

Blade please watch how you post a few words with the stars. I may get in trouble with the mods but then again they may agree with me.

I"m not a moderator but please watch ok?
PAWS 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 01:42 AM   #6
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

[QUOTE=PAWS 72;7110521]Bunch of good looking old parts. We never know what our grand parents kept until their gone.

Yeah, I know what you mean. After my grandmother died I went through her bedside table and found............wait, never mind.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assembly kit for restoring the (a) truck from the ground up. My build thread, and more on the assembly kit https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:08 AM   #7
NC_John

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAWS 72 View Post
Bunch of good looking old parts. We never know what our grand parents kept until their gone.
After my grandparents passed we found a greeting card box full of paperwork in the back of a closet (it almost got thrown away). In it, among a bunch of other amazing stuff, I found my grandmothers nazi-issued work permit (paperz pleeze) from when, as a young girl, she was forced to work in a nazi run munitions plant in Munich. I have it in my home office in a museum-grade mount and frame. No truck/car parts though.

Instagram (current build pictures) 70_nc_c10
NC_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:39 AM   #8
R.L.

What a find, thanks for sharing.
R.L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:52 AM   #9
Bladeboy1998

[quote=71CHEVYSHORTBED402;7110569]
Quote:

Yeah, I know what you mean. After my grandmother died I went through her bedside table and found............wait, never mind.
I see now

Last edited by Bladeboy1998; 03-29-2015 at 09:15 AM.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:09 AM   #10
Bladeboy1998

Quote:

Blade please watch how you post a few words with the stars. I may get in trouble with the mods but then again they may agree with me.

I"m not a moderator but please watch ok?
Crap! I see what you mean, I copy and pasted this from another forum I posted it in and that is my sig line. I'm sorry guys, it won't let me edit it out.