The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-16-2015, 08:28 PM   #26
Monte's62

Re: O.K., Im at a "Cross-Road" with my '62 C-10 SWB...Opinions Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ's Chevy View Post
He asked for opinions and I gave him mine.
TJ you said we could yell at you, that was the best I could do in writing, lol? I always appreciate your opinion as well as everyone else's and understand we are all different and like different things. Nothing wrong with that.
Monte's62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 08:38 PM   #27
Monte's62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincenthdfan View Post
I'd like to primarily use it to drive around on nice days, rod runs, car shows...occasional trip to the mountains on nice days, etc...

Reliability, nice sounding, fun to drive, retaining some character.

Not looking to win any drag races or anything like that, nor am I looking to do a 100 point restoration for originality....I guess that's why I'm here to get some opinions.

It really is pretty cherry, it came from California and is a pretty "dry" truck.

Got a great deal on it, especially for a SWB...I really love it.
Vincenthdfan, let us know how things work out with your engine decision. By the way you have a nice 62
Monte's62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:21 PM   #28
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte's62 View Post
TJ you said we could yell at you, that was the best I could do in writing, lol? I always appreciate your opinion as well as everyone else's and understand we are all different and like different things. Nothing wrong with that.
I agree....nothing wrong with opinions at all or being different and having different tastes. My opinion was different for sure. lol But I say it that way cause I'm a brick and I try to make people research for themselves and make their own decision instead of asking others...now I'm not saying its bad to ask for advice...but when people get so stuck on one thing...like the 350....they stop considering the other options. If I posted this same post about hotrodding my 292 vs throwing in a 350 I would have a 350 in my 66. Why? Because I asked other's opinions instead of researching for myself and making my own decisions without help. Took alot of time to research and price and it came out a bit over what a 350/290 costs but hey...who the heck cares? I have something waaaay different and cooler imop, looks better cause there are so many 350's out there that almost half look the same. And I get a ton of compliments instead of...Oh...you just got another 350...lets move on. I mean its sick when I see a row of 20 or 30 chevys at a car show with small blocks and when I ask almost 3/4 of the owners what small block it has in it they say "350." And believe it or not I hit myself on the head for not guessing cause they all almost look identical. But then....I see that 1/4 left over in that row with bbc's or a diesel or a GMC V6 or even a straight 6....guarantee...I'm spending the most time looking at that truck. But the ultimate decision is with the owner and how much time and money he's willing to put into the truck.
TJ's Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote