The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-25-2004, 07:16 PM   #1
68LSS1

Cool If any interest in Hydratech kits.....

I recently placed my order for the Hydratech hydraboost kit. Currently there is a GP going on that will save you a $100.00 from Pro-Touring.com . If anyone has any questions, Paul at Hydratech will be more than happy to answer them. He will take his time and answer them all thoroughly and completely. You don't get that rushed feeling from him that you get from some vendors. If you go to their website, you won't see a listing for a application but he does have a kit available. I got the last bracket so your lead time would be 2-3 weeks but it is available. The kit comes with a new 2003 Silverado boost unit and braided line that can be cut to fit for your application. Any adapters/fittings are also included. This is extremely nice as most of you know I'm going to be using a LS1 and I have a couple options here. If anybody is interested in a kit now or in the future let Paul know. He'll then start stocking the brackets and will probably add our application to the website. I would like to dispel some common myths that have come up on this board about the hydroboost units. One is that if the engine dies you loose your brakes. Yes and no. The hydroboost unit has an accumulator that stores pressure for this emergency and rapid application/use. It has been reported to safely stop a vehicle from triple digits speeds by a PT member. Also what do you think happens to your vacuum booster when the engine dies? Yes you have a check valve on your booster but your vacuum will be lost as quickly if not usually quicker than on a hydroboost set up. You manual brakes guys need not reply--that's why your right leg is bigger than your
left . Then there's been the issue if you lost your belt. Yes this is possible but honestly, how many times have you had that happen to you? If a lot, obviously there's other issues. Personally I've only had that happen to me with one vehicle and it was frequently. But it was a Chevelle with a built 396 and I'd usually launch the belt when I launched. Can it happen? Of course. But remember the accumulator. Leaks are another thing that have been brought up. Personally, if I had a leak (power steering) I would fix it. A small leak is not going to affect the hydraboost any more than it does the power steering pump. If it's that bad you'd better get it fixed before you cavitate your pump. Basically this is for those you have an interest. For those who don't like hydroboost, fine. This post is not intended for a debate on hydraboost. It is more for some who are interested to get some feed back to Paul at Hydratech. Paul, if you see this feel free to add any comments or correct any misinformation. Now I'm off to the garage to remove the front brakes to make way for the BAER's I just.
Old 01-25-2004, 07:39 PM   #2
miket

Thanks for this post. I have been getting interested in this more and more....especially since my mods to my 502 are affecting vacuum....

Evergreen Protective Coatings
Gatorhyde...the best kept secret in spray in bed lining & protection
miket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 02:14 PM   #3
Hydratech

Hydroboost myths

68LSS1 has indeed hit it on the nailhead...

Check this out: ALL 2004 and newer production GM pickups, even the 1500 series, are now equipped with hydroboost braking - does that tell you anything?

Paul

Last edited by Hydratech; 02-07-2004 at 05:25 PM.
Hydratech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 02:27 PM   #4
miket

I really need to get that kit for my 71...don't have the $$$ now but will shortly.

Evergreen Protective Coatings
Gatorhyde...the best kept secret in spray in bed lining & protection
miket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 03:29 PM   #5
68LSS1

For anyone who is interested Pro-Touring GP price good through the end of February. March 1st group purchase is over.