The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-22-2015, 12:23 PM   #1
Caleb

LS Swap questions/ Info

so with this LS swap i almost got all my ducks in a row. ive located an LS builder who can build me a 5.3 motor ready to run with a 4l60e for my 4x4 application for 2k. for me this is my best route with graduating in a few weeks and starting college this fall. i know i need motor mounts, i got the VSS issue worked out for my NP208, the throttle assembly is coming with the motor and a few other things that escaped my mind, however i do need opinion on something. im trying to see if it would be cheaper to run aftermarket longtube headers or to use the 3" exhaust tubing i have a pay someone to bend the tubes and weld the collectors on? my ultimate plan is about a year from now is to start my turbo build on this truck but for now i need to get this motor in before school starts. any other things i need to be aware of? i know about fuel pump, fuel line, vacuum assist for brakes. im trying to limit the amount of surprises i get when i jump into this thing. thanks guys. and if you have any questions feel free to ask.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:36 AM   #2
andrewmp6

Re: LS Swap questions/ Info

You might wanna look in to a engine crossmember swap like http://pacificfabrication.com/produc...ssmembers.html on the exhaust i would run the stock manifolds if i can or a cheap set of shorties since your gonna turbo it later on.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:29 AM   #3
Alex41

Who did you find in that area to build you this set up? I have a friend in Jackson who is the absolute king of LS swaps. I call him when I'm stumped and that's saying something....lol.
Alex41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 09:33 AM   #4
Caleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex41 View Post
Who did you find in that area to build you this set up? I have a friend in Jackson who is the absolute king of LS swaps. I call him when I'm stumped and that's saying something....lol.
i found him in kansas.His name is Jason. im moving to colorado for college and i needed somewhere close and i thought 2k was a hell of a deal for what i was trying to do.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:34 AM   #5
Caleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmp6 View Post
You might wanna look in to a engine crossmember swap like http://pacificfabrication.com/produc...ssmembers.html on the exhaust i would run the stock manifolds if i can or a cheap set of shorties since your gonna turbo it later on.
do i NEED the crossmember? if not what are the benefits?