The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 09:57 PM   #1
KissV

Edited by staff

Please note that you must be a supporting member to post classified items. This includes but is not limited to What Its Worth, Want To Buy, Want To Trade, and For Sale. Please consider supporting the forum by subscribing. Further information on the subscription levels available are located here

If you need any further assistance with that please contact any Admin for help.

Last edited by kcsa75; 05-03-2015 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-02-2015, 11:38 PM   #2
In The Ten Ring

Re: Help Me Find My Dream Vehicle

Watch Craigslist and Ebay man.
Old 05-03-2015, 12:45 AM   #3
kingstrider

Word of mouth also helps, I had friends looking in several other states for my dream truck but in the end I found it myself on craigslist just a couple hours away. The hunt is half the fun but you have to put in the time. I looked every day for many months before I found exactly what I wanted. Just be ready to move quickly when you find one, the swb trucks usually don't last long, especially those in good condition or with nice options.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:18 AM   #4
KissV

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Ten Ring View Post
Watch Craigslist and Ebay man.
I've been checking both Kijiji and Craigslist every day. I'm not so sure about Ebay though. One of my previous vehicles, a 1977 Camaro, was sold on Ebay prior to me buying it and it was a great car but I've heard a few horror stories about buying vehicles from there.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:22 AM   #5
KissV

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingstrider View Post
Word of mouth also helps, I had friends looking in several other states for my dream truck but in the end I found it myself on craigslist just a couple hours away. The hunt is half the fun but you have to put in the time. I looked every day for many months before I found exactly what I wanted. Just be ready to move quickly when you find one, the swb trucks usually don't last long, especially those in good condition or with nice options.
I've been on/off the hunt for a few years now. It would definitely be best to find one in Canada but I figured that if the right one pops up down south, I'll know. So I'm trying to explore all my avenues.

I think Americans have it a little easier when it comes to finding classics as well. In fact, there is a local guy just outside my city who buys 67-72 trucks in the USA and trailers them up here for resale.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:33 AM   #6
In The Ten Ring

Well, I'm rather crazy about panels......I may save up and try to get one. Although the panel would be a bit of a challenge to drive.....but I learned how to jump out of planes and that was a real "challenge."

Like that previous guy said: stay on the hunt, be alert, and be ready to jump at a moment's notice. But most of the things we want in life are like that.
Closed Thread