The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-06-2015, 10:13 PM   #1
Clatterville trolley

New purchase questions

I bought a stalled project truck last week. It is swb 67 with step side bed. No motor or transmission though. Does have rear axle with posi.

The chassis is almost ready to go - has had frame blasted and painted black, all new front end components, lowered in front and back with lowering springs, wheels painted and trim rings running usable tires for now.

Cab has been blasted and needs lots of love - sills, supports, parts of floors, area around heater motor, sides of same part down low where fenders bolt over, etc., etc.

Very solid step side bed with tail-gate. Pictures of everything as soon as I can get some taken and downloaded to computer.

So, my question is this:
I thought that by having an original chassis overhaul manual that it would have most of the info I needed. But already I can see that there is a lot more that I will be needing to know - replacement order of parts, bolt sizes for specific locations, etc. What other resource manuals should I try to get to supplement the one I have already?

Thanks in advance for any help / suggestions! Jay
Clatterville trolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 11:13 PM   #2
Woodnears

Re: New purchase questions

Ya might try an assembly manual, I think they are a little more detailed. You can get them on eBay or gmc Paul's who is a board vendor here. Worth the money if you're basic
Y rebuilding a whole truck.
Woodnears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 11:51 PM   #3
Clatterville trolley

Re: New purchase questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodnears View Post
Ya might try an assembly manual, I think they are a little more detailed. You can get them on eBay or gmc Paul's who is a board vendor here. Worth the money if you're basic
Y rebuilding a whole truck.
Thanks for the tip! I had wondered about an assembly manual, but hadn't seen one in person - already made too many purchases like that over the years - title / cover looks like just what I need, but when receive and look through it is anything but what I really need!! Jay
Clatterville trolley is offline   Reply With Quote