The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-22-2013, 07:53 AM   #201
Russell Ashley

Re: What a mess just look at this.

Bam, If you are ever in Lawrenceville, Ga. please stop by my house. I need a new suspension installed, LOL.

Man, you do some nice work.
Russell Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:33 PM   #202
angelobackwards

Hello all, I'm new to the whole restoring and customizing addiction as well as this site, and am looking for a little help/advice. My father and I are restoring a 58 GMC/Chevy. The truck has a 72 Monte Carlo front clip installed by the previous owner who knows how many years ago. Anyways I have been putting the front sheet metal on and noticed the that the two radiator mounting tabs that are supposed to bolt down on the frame are help mount the clip are not sitting on the frame. the Driver side side sits on the clip but the passenger side is about 2-3' away from the frame. Does this mean the frame is installed crooked or is it simply because the clip is wider that the original frame rails? I can get pictures tomorrow if it'll help to show what I am talking about. Thanks for any advice. I also enjoy reading all the builds they give me some great ideas that I never thought of, now im just working on getting the tools to do them =/. Anyways thanks again and sorry so long.
angelobackwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:30 PM   #203
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

angelobackwards, I'm not sure why you chose to put this post in the projects and builds section, and in another member's build thread.
Please repost your question in the regular 47-59 area.
Thanks and welcome to the forum

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
63 & 64 Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:34 PM   #204
angelobackwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63 & 64 Bowties View Post
angelobackwards, I'm not sure why you chose to put this post in the projects and builds section, and in another member's build thread.
Please repost your question in the regular 47-59 area.
Thanks and welcome to the forum
Sorry about that, I'm new to the site and had just found this article about how he fixed a front clip install. Figured it would be a place to start, but I'll check into the other section. Thanks.
angelobackwards is offline   Reply With Quote