The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-22-2015, 06:43 AM   #1
Tool Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsalvage View Post
these trucks have a real bad steering column The springs or brass peaces in the the turn signal Have every thing to do with this problem.

I fought it for 15 years Come to find out It was a bad design.If GM could recall it they would have.

Here are the long drawn out fixes that I've tryed.One you have to change the cab body mount the rubber body mounts under the cab to keep the cab from sagging putting unneeded stress on the steering shaft bar better known as the spear.

The reason why most call it the spear is in a font head on accident that bar get pushed in to your chess.

The best way to Fix this problem change steering columns with the 1967-68 Chevy trucks use the 1969--72 wire harness and buy the adapter harness to work with that harness.There's a lot Of ship to make it work but sure is better then fighting with it
I will go to the local pull a part to see if they have one. I didn't know it was a direct fit.
Posted via Mobile Device
Tool Maker is offline   Reply With Quote