The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-26-2015, 01:15 PM   #1
greengrenade

Bagged 59 apache 6bt options

Hey all, ive had my apache for like 5 years now. Long story short its been sitting in pieces for the past 2 years as i got wrapped up in other projects. I already did a step notch and all and it came with a camaro clip but i decided id like to redo the entire frame with a better ifs unit, preferably rack and pinion steering and do some nice crossmembers and box the whole thing. I really want to swap a 6bt in it. Ive had 2 6bt's in dodges ive owned and love the motor. I know they fiit length wise in a 55-59 with no firewall mods. My only question is the front end. What ifs should i go with to support the weight. I believe there 1100lbs wet maybe a tad more. Im already going to box the frame and i already have a 9 inch i plan on building to support some power. Ive seen a few bagged f100 1/2 tons with a 6bt, i just need front end ideas. A 4bt is out of the question. Ive ridden in vehicles with both a 6bt and 4bt and the noise/vibration of the 4bt is rather annoying. Its like a paint shaker. Any ideas or help are appreciated
greengrenade is offline   Reply With Quote