The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-25-2015, 12:13 PM   #1
CUSTOM/10

Nice truck "BUT"

Nice but there are issues..... For that kind of money it should have a 4x4 vin # ????

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-C-...3D261940378090

My 72 SWB Build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=259859
CUSTOM/10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 12:36 PM   #2
leddzepp

Re: Nice truck "BUT"

Lots of custom touches on that one, he's going to have a limited pool of buyers.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 01:41 PM   #3
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Very limited... not a fan of those huge wheels on trucks of any kind. But that's me.

Gary

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 01:52 PM   #4
Husker

Quote:
e: Nice truck "BUT"
Very limited... not a fan of those huge wheels on trucks of any kind. But that's me.
Me either.
Ron
Member #111
68 C-10 Daily Driver
70 4x4 Project
76 Jeep CJ-5

Help Support the Board:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
Thomas Jefferson
Husker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 02:31 PM   #5
Spartan

Not my cup of tea. I think it's sad...really. Jmo.

"orange rhymes with door hinge"
Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 03:06 PM   #6
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: Nice truck "BUT"

Somebody liked it! It was sold as I was watching it.Over 37,000!

If I'm not mistaken it was posted on here a week are so ago are the facebook site one.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 03:57 PM   #7
Nitis

Obviously it's a 2wd vin but if I am not mistaken there were never any big block 4x4 either right? Not even 3/4tons?
Nitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 04:40 PM   #8
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitis View Post
if I am not mistaken there were never any big block 4x4 either right? Not even 3/4tons?
Correct.... not in 67-72s.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 05:11 PM   #9
leftybass209

I wasn't sure if people resto-modded classic trucks into mall - crawlers but this proves it. Clean truck, nice to see it sold.
leftybass209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:39 AM   #10
mike16

it give a whole new meaning to the term "restored"
mike16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 06:45 AM   #11
CUSTOM/10

Yah, it was a bit over-done for my taste. And not even being the correct vin for a SWB 4x4 I'm surprised anyone would pay that much for it, but to each his own.

My 72 SWB Build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=259859
CUSTOM/10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:29 AM   #12
MARKDTN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike16 View Post
it give a whole new meaning to the term "restored"
I really don't think that restored is the correct term for that truck. I don't mind if someone rebuilds everything on a truck to basically stock and calls it restored. But when you change 2wd to 4wd, chrome everything, add aftermarket a/c, big wheels, custom dash, add BB, etc. then it is a resto-mod or total rebuild.

Also the statement “Holy Grail!! Here is a very Desirable Frame Off Restored Factory Short Bed '72 Cheyenne Super Big Block 4WD with P.S., P.B., and A/C--these trucks are Very Hard to Find and sought after by Collectors and Enthusiast" is misleading at best and perhaps intentionally deceptive-or worse. I hope whoever bought it knows what he bought and didn't fall into the hype.
'07 Tahoe(Son driving)
'14 Suburban-DD
'71 C10-current project
MARKDTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:41 AM   #13
Andy4639
Old member

The builder spent some money on that truck.
He must have built it to drive it and not have it sitting in his garage the rest of it's life.
I like trucks that people really do drive and not just to a local car show.

His taste and mine may not be the same but I'll not put down a mans truck because of it.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:01 AM   #14
MARKDTN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
The builder spent some money on that truck.
He must have built it to drive it and not have it sitting in his garage the rest of it's life.
I like trucks that people really do drive and not just to a local car show.

His taste and mine may not be the same but I'll not put down a mans truck because of it.
I am curious why you think somebody is going to drive this much. He won't put anything in the bed as nice as it is. He isn't going offroad with those wheels and detailed undercarriage. It screams show truck or maybe every-so-often-take-me-to-a-cruise-in kinda truck to me.
'07 Tahoe(Son driving)
'14 Suburban-DD
'71 C10-current project
Old 06-26-2015, 01:55 PM   #15
Andy4639
Old member

I drive mine everyday. I put stuff in my bed all the time. It's as nice as this one to me.
He may not drive it and that is why he is selling it more than likely. If I bought it I would drive it. Just because it's 4x4 doesn't mean you have to punish it.
There is no need to put it down because it's not your taste.
I don't buy vehicles to look at, I buy them to drive and let other's look at them!

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 06-26-2015, 04:14 PM   #16
MARKDTN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
I drive mine everyday. I put stuff in my bed all the time. It's as nice as this one to me.
He may not drive it and that is why he is selling it more than likely. If I bought it I would drive it. Just because it's 4x4 doesn't mean you have to punish it.
There is no need to put it down because it's not your taste.
I don't buy vehicles to look at, I buy them to drive and let other's look at them!
Don't mistake me. I am not putting it down. It is a very nice truck. There are a few things that are not to my taste, but that is how it is with any. If I had it I would change a few things, but I am not putting it down. The build quality looks to be excellent. You probably can't build it for what it sold for.

-My issues are that I think the seller mis-represented it. It is not a 4x4 cab and there is no such thing as a 4x4 with big block.
-I think that "restored" is an improper use in the case of this truck. It was a ground up frame off total rebuild or something like that. To me "restored" is at least semi-stock. That is my opinion.
-I hope whoever bought it does drive it, I'm glad that you do. I am saying that there are few people that would use that as a truck anymore. The bed is perfect. The underside is as slick as the top. That means that if you go through any mud or dirt that it will never look like that again. I don't mean abuse it, just driving it will not be kind if the underside is as nice as it looks. That is what I was trying to say.
'07 Tahoe(Son driving)
'14 Suburban-DD
'71 C10-current project
Old 06-26-2015, 07:26 PM   #17
Andy4639
Old member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKDTN View Post
Don't mistake me. I am not putting it down. It is a very nice truck. There are a few things that are not to my taste, but that is how it is with any. If I had it I would change a few things, but I am not putting it down. The build quality looks to be excellent. You probably can't build it for what it sold for.

-My issues are that I think the seller mis-represented it. It is not a 4x4 cab and there is no such thing as a 4x4 with big block.
-I think that "restored" is an improper use in the case of this truck. It was a ground up frame off total rebuild or something like that. To me "restored" is at least semi-stock. That is my opinion.
-I hope whoever bought it does drive it, I'm glad that you do. I am saying that there are few people that would use that as a truck anymore. The bed is perfect. The underside is as slick as the top. That means that if you go through any mud or dirt that it will never look like that again. I don't mean abuse it, just driving it will not be kind if the underside is as nice as it looks. That is what I was trying to say.
That I agree on also but a lot of people who sale a vehicle on E bay have very little info about what they have. Most are average guy's just coping and pasting some one elses add also though.
If I buy something from some one I make sure I know what I'm buying. That is why I like buying in person.
This is why I said he must have built it to drive because it's so mis matched that it's not really a orignal truck so whoever bought it must want to drive it hopefully.
It's like taking a LWB truck and shorting it and then selling it as a short bed.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 06-27-2015, 08:54 PM   #18
WIDESIDE72

A little too "pimp" for my taste. Funny that there are 4wd AND 454 emblems (which never existed oem) under the front marker lights.

Was it a 72? It has 72 door panels but not 72 doors (no screw under vent window).

The gauge cluster has too much going...white rear inner fenders??? I just dont get it.
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:16 PM   #19
dazza

I do have to agree with Andy in regards to driving it. I never thought I'd do so much to my truck as in the last few years and people are asking me, "are you gonna drive it?"... Like I just bought it and drove it off the lot is how I'm going to drive it!!
If something happens to it, I'll repair it. If it gets dirty, I'll clean it.
I don't work hard to watch my money sit in a bank, and my truck sure in hell ain't going to be sitting in the garage!
'72 K10 SWB, 350, sm465/np205
---- ----
dazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:20 PM   #20
dazza

His rear view isn't mounted on the windshield either.
'72 K10 SWB, 350, sm465/np205
---- ----
dazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:32 AM   #21
bronze 72 super

Like the saying goes:"A fool and his money is soon departed". Or "A sucker is born every minute". Hate those goofy looking wheel and tires. Nice paint. Way too much non-stock items. Restored is the wrong word to use, modified is more like it.
bronze 72 super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:11 AM   #22
dirtyjim

very nice truck
Old 06-28-2015, 08:47 AM   #23
liftlawssuck

Man I would to see what you would have say about my truck. I don't like the wheels and other items as well but he someone made it what they wanted. Mine is just as clean underneath as the outside and it's 4 wheel drive too. Doesn't mean I'm going 4 wheelin with it. I like anything 4 wheel drive. I have 2 trucks. A 71 and a 79. Both short bed 4 wheel drive fleetsides. I put on the trucks what I like from different years. My 79 is originally a Silverado loaded. You would never know it now. I don't like all that crap on there. My 71 has a 70 grill because I like it better. I don't care about correctness to a point. I take all the years and blend what I like best.

I do agree with the term "restored". I have "restored" many things but I have a hard time calling them restored. Because there is always something that I don't like about them the way they came out.

If it's all original GM sheetmetal and is as straight as it looks. I like it. Most of the trucks on here I don't like. But the owners/builders like them. And that's all that counts. We support that and foster that. Swap ideas, encourage. That's what's cool about the forum.
liftlawssuck is offline   Reply With Quote