The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-12-2004, 11:23 PM   #26
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

Hey, just poking fun at you. We are all a bunch of pic freaks. You can describe something around here until you turn blue in the face and someone will say hey, where is the pics. I guess it's the old picture is better than a thousand words thing.

Your brother lives just up the road from me. I can be there in a little over 30 minutes. Small world ain't it?

Oh, and by no means be quiet. Jump in and give us all the low down.

Mike
swervin ervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 11:33 PM   #27
DCRANER

Thanks, no problem, I myself want to see good pics. The best I can do is take some pics then get developed at a local place, and then they include them on a CD. As I do not do this often enough, anyone have advice on the best way to get the CD pics posted here. My wife has done this a few times at other sites (Avalanche Club), but we always go through a big effort to get it correct & a big enough size.

Thanks.
86 GMC SWB, DK. BLUE, ZZ430,TH400, 4.11'S, HEADMAN CERAMIC HEADERS, WELD BILLETS, BFG 275 / 60 / 15, 325 / 50 / 15 DRAG RADIALS, FIBERGLASS COWL HOOD, B&M SHIFTER. MSD, MARCH PULLEYS / ALT. / PWR. STEER PUMP, BECOOL RAD., BILLET GRILL & GRANT WHEEL.
DCRANER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 12:02 AM   #28
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

Yeah. Once you get them on the CD, they are digital. So, you can use a photo editing program that will work with .jpg files. Open the photos and edit them to what you want to see, and crop out what you don't want to see. Then resize them so you will be able to attach them to a thread. If the pic is too big, the board software want let it upload. I think somewhere around 5" x 7" will work. Save them at a resolution of 72 or so. Oh, the 5x7 is actual print size. This is the way I do it anyway. After you get them the way you like, save them to a folder on your hard drive as whatever.jpg By whatever I mean name them something you like.

Do you have a photo editing program and know how to work with it? I like Paintshop Pro myself. Others swear by Photoshop. They both work equally well. I have them both and am just more used to Paintshop Pro.

A lot of folks use hosting places on the web. There quite a few that are free to where you can host your pics and then all you have to do is upload the pics to the host and provide a link in the thread. Either way, the pics need to be resized. If not, and it's too big, you have to scroll sideways to see them. Besides, it kills the dialup folks if there are big files.

If this works for you, hurry up and send up some pics. We all are dying to see them. If I lost you with this, just say so and I'll be glad to help talk (type) you through it all.

And never be worried about asking how to do anything. We have all had to learn how to do this very same thing at one time. Someone on here will know the answer for sure. If not they will probably find out for you. We all come here for the comradere (sp?) and to help and get help. This is what we all love to do. If no one asked questions it sure would get boring after awhile. Can you imagine how it would be if everyone on here was only giving answers?
Old 02-13-2004, 12:08 AM   #29
Low87
been here longer than Liz

Welcome to the board!

'87 SWB 6/8 drop "Piso"
'08 CCSB Silverado DD
the departed
'89 GMC K5 Jimmy 4x4 "Rusty Nuts"
'77 Chevy K5 Blazer 2wd
'83 Chevy stepside

"You get what you pay for" - Mike 'swervin ervin' Ervin
Low87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 10:20 AM   #30
DCRANER

Thanks all, and thanks swervin for the photo info. I will take pics this weekend and get developed right away, then have my wife check swervin's suggestions and get them posted as soon as possible.

I would like to go to some meets / shows this year, so are there any on the east coast that are attended by members of this board?

Thanks.
86 GMC SWB, DK. BLUE, ZZ430,TH400, 4.11'S, HEADMAN CERAMIC HEADERS, WELD BILLETS, BFG 275 / 60 / 15, 325 / 50 / 15 DRAG RADIALS, FIBERGLASS COWL HOOD, B&M SHIFTER. MSD, MARCH PULLEYS / ALT. / PWR. STEER PUMP, BECOOL RAD., BILLET GRILL & GRANT WHEEL.
Old 02-13-2004, 11:17 AM   #31
swervin ervin
You get what you pay for

Yes. There is the Annual All Chevy/GMC Truck Nats at Pigeon Forge TN every year. It's the first weekend in May. I have went the last several years, except last year. Several of the members on this board go. A lot of the 67-72 guys go every year. If you want to see more nice trucks than you ever thought there could be, don't miss it. Bring a towel to wipe the drool. It's a site to behold for sure.

1985 Chevy C-10
Old 02-13-2004, 11:43 AM   #32
DCRANER

Wow, I know about that one, never gone, but hear it is the ultimate truck show.

Problem is I am in Charlotte each end of May for Speed Week so to go to Tenn. first week in May would be tough. But, I just may do this.

Wonder how much fuel I would need to go round trip from N.J. with my 86 GMC with the ZZ430, 4.11 gears, and 325 / 50 / 15 Drag Radials?

Well life is short, so I will give this some serious thought.