The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-05-2013, 11:57 PM   #76
Wasted Dragon

Re: Wasted Dragon's 79' Chevy K10

Couple pics from my trip...

Wasted Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:58 PM   #77
Wasted Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77ChevySharkBite View Post
Glad you made it safe bro!!

Gas is about the same here, but hope everything goes smooth with the transition and all.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks man, I appreciate it. It's amazing how much the difference in gas prices from here and California. About $4.29 per gal there lol.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:04 AM   #78
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasted Dragon View Post
Thanks man, I appreciate it. It's amazing how much the difference in gas prices from here and California. About $4.29 per gal there lol.

Looks awesome up there I like the picture of you cruising and see the shadow of the truck.

Ain't that right man, I recently went to Chicago with my gf and I was tripping at the gas prices it was about $3.40 in Chicago. glad its cheaper maybe it'll be better for the truck, how far is the job commute?
Posted via Mobile Device

77 C10 Silverado Sharkbite LWB Build
67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
06 Dodge Magnum 2.7v6 aka swag wag!
2010 Honda Accord 2.4I4 DD aka Liquid Metal
77ChevySharkBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:09 AM   #79
Wasted Dragon

My job commute is literally only a couple miles down the road haha. I do have to drive to Denver, CO and stay there for 5 days of training. I think the truck will be alright though. Hopefully, I'll stay away from being tempted to not buy some nice custom bumpers while I'm there.

Been eyein this one for a while.
http://www.offroadltd.com/bumpers.htm
Old 06-06-2013, 09:03 AM   #80
77ChevySharkBite

Nice man!!! Well just think of like this just do your training start working, and get settled in and then after your all settled in go after that bumper!

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 06-08-2013, 03:12 PM   #81
Wasted Dragon

Well, in the past couple days waiting to got to training. I've been thinkin of plans for the truck once I get settled in.

One of my plans was buying a 350 long block to replace my tired one. I think it would be easier to do and set up with TBI, plus I can get rid of some California Emissions that I will no longer need.

Good plan? I think with this job, I can later on shell out the cash to do so. Only problem would be finding a place to work on it. Wish apartments these days were lenient for DIY mechanics.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #82
racerbrad52

Hey Doug just checking are youfrom Chico ca? Saw an add on cl with your truck
Posted via Mobile Device
racerbrad52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:40 PM   #83
Wasted Dragon

Which Truck? My Toyota or my Chevy?

If it's my Toyota: Please send me a link so I can call the police.

If it's the Chevy: Are you sure? Someone once told me there was a truck that looked like mine in Chico. Maybe the previous owner forgot to take the ad down, or maybe it's a scam. Either way, be very careful because I'm in sitting on my porch looking at my truck here in Wyoming.

I grew up in Eureka, then I moved to Chico to go to school for bout 2 years. I moved here in Wyoming for work probably about a month after I bought the Chevy.
I'm confused as hell. I need more details man, because I can't find anything on craigslist pertaining to what you're talkin bout.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:45 PM   #84
77ChevySharkBite

Hey buddy!! How's Wyoming treating you hadn't heard from you in a while! How's the truck running?
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 07-13-2013, 10:41 AM   #85
Wasted Dragon

Hey man! I think I'm getting used to Wyoming now, got done with job training for the post office. Now I'm just out there on my own for the most part, I never realized how frustrating being a mail carrier could be.

The truck runs great for now, I ran some seafoam from the gas tank and it seems to help a little. Or maybe I just acquired the lead foot I don't know. Only thing new with it is the stereo and speakers. Which is cool because I can now listen to my ipod.

Besides that, not much new haha. How have you been?
Old 07-13-2013, 12:16 PM   #86
77ChevySharkBite

Well just takes some getting used to hope your enjoying your job and state! See many squares up there?

Haha yeah that can be an issue lol I've also heard about ppl putting seafoam in the carb and it supposedly helps too not daring enough to try it on my end lol I've been good busy working bought a new car, and working on the ole beast when I have the chance. Still doing doing some sanding work on it.

Mine isn't 4wd it's 2wd but if you want my build thread is in my signature if you ever want to stop in there and check it out.
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 07-14-2013, 02:29 PM   #87
Wasted Dragon

There are a lot of squares up here. Maybe about a quarter of them I've seen look semi restored, or just taken care of really well. Hell, I can count around 5 just on my block. There's also a couple of the older cummins dodge trucks too. Just in general, there's more trucks than cars, which is how I like it. Kinda go figure for a mining town.

Yeah, I've been kind of distant from using seafoam at all, but the guy at autozone said he had a chevy and had used the stuff before. He suggested it, so I just kinda went safe and decided to add it to the gas tank instead of directly in the carb itself or the other places you can go through.

I've seen some of your build before actually, looks like you've been working hard on it whenever you get the chance. Hopefully, I'll be able to have a house built around here someday, have some property where I can work on my truck like that too. Or have enough space to have a bonfire now and again. I've heard though that they kinda crack down on fire hazards round here. Which is understandable I guess
Old 07-17-2013, 10:15 AM   #88
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasted Dragon View Post
There are a lot of squares up here. Maybe about a quarter of them I've seen look semi restored, or just taken care of really well. Hell, I can count around 5 just on my block. There's also a couple of the older cummins dodge trucks too. Just in general, there's more trucks than cars, which is how I like it. Kinda go figure for a mining town.

Yeah, I've been kind of distant from using seafoam at all, but the guy at autozone said he had a chevy and had used the stuff before. He suggested it, so I just kinda went safe and decided to add it to the gas tank instead of directly in the carb itself or the other places you can go through.

I've seen some of your build before actually, looks like you've been working hard on it whenever you get the chance. Hopefully, I'll be able to have a house built around here someday, have some property where I can work on my truck like that too. Or have enough space to have a bonfire now and again. I've heard though that they kinda crack down on fire hazards round here. Which is understandable I guess
Sorry just getting back to you man, having to be at a different building this week for work so been adjusting a little.

Sweet man! Glad to see some squares still alive and kicking most of them might be original one day if you get a chance snap some pictures of them! I'd love to see them, I love old school cars and trucks man.

Yeah I understand that man, I haven't heard much about it but some guy recommended it to a friend because his jeep was running sluggish, well he never did it but supposedly it works wonders.

Thanks man I appreciate it! Yeah I would love to work on it daily but sometimes I just can't I have to push myself to work on it. Definitely got that right man, when I do work on it I make it worthwhile. I still have to finish up some sanding but I think I'm going to start messing with my frame and that's going to be fun! I have some awesome ideas for it, so you'll have to check it out soon.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 07-18-2015, 02:45 PM   #89
Matt Man

Any updates on this? Well, it looks like he hasn't logged on in 2 years, so maybe not lol.
2020 Silverado Double Cab LT Z71 5.3 8 speed Daily Driver

K10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=671934

The Peach build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=733903

Matt Man is offline   Reply With Quote