The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-21-2015, 12:28 AM   #1
MadBadger

Second owner, 72 Chevy 4X4

Hello all,

I have been reading on here for a while and finally joined. I am the proud owner of a 1972 Chevy 4X4, short bed, step side. The unique thing about this truck is that my dad bought it from the dealership in late 1971. I still have the window sticker if I didn't lose it in my last move, I got the truck when he passed away a few years ago, so I am the second owner. It has just been sitting, but I am now ready to start doing a few things to it and driving it on a regular basis.

It was all original, engine and transmission were both rebuilt once many years ago (I helped pull the transmission and transfer case as a teenager). I have put a newer steering wheel on as well as an Edelbrock carburetor and HEI ignition. I still have all the original parts (including all the smog equipment and the AM radio). There are a few tiny spots of rust in the front fenders but nothing major. It still has the original paint, floor mat, and bench seat.

I am wanting to do several things to make it more pleasant as a daily driver (such as aftermarket AC, late model bucket seats, stereo) but I don't want to change it a whole lot. I won't cut the dash for a new stereo, I'll probably put the original one in for "looks" and then have a newer one in a center console or the glove box.

I have got a lot of valuable info from this site already and will be searching much more as I progress with this truck. I hope to make this my daily driver (need AC first though, central valley CA gets very warm in the summer). Thanks for all the info already and thanks in advance for what I'll learn moving forward.
Attached Images

MadBadger is offline   Reply With Quote