The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-21-2015, 02:46 PM   #1
jackyl9999

Upcoming mod questions

I finished my build last summer and would like to make some mods this coming winter. Truck is basically a weekend cruiser. I would like to add a cam, stall, intake (TBSS).

Info on the truck.

Truck is a 70 gmc swb 2wd. It has a 6.0 Lq4 with a 4L80E. 3.73 posi 28.5 tall tire.

I have the 1-7/8 tube DT headers, thru a full 3 inch exhaust.

Current Fuel system is a Stock tank, walbro 255 on the frame rail, using a vette regulator.

Questions

I have a TBSS I picked up on LStech last year. It is complete. It has the injectors, etc.

Can I use the TBSS injectors? Or should I use the Stock Lq4 injectors?

I beleive I will have to run a adapter to run the TBSS throttle body?

Cam and stall suggestions for this setup anyone?

1990 K1500 Daily

jackyl9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 04:07 PM   #2
homemade87

Re: Upcoming mod questions

I don't think the injectors will fit the tbss intake . Not a problem , just cut the wires and solder the new injectors in or you can buy adapters . The adapter can get expensive since you need 8 . Fuel system should be fine for what you are doing .

Next thing is what year operating system do you have . If the throttle body is a 8 pin now it will not work with a 6 pin TB (tbss ) . You will have to use a Xlink controller to convert to it . Or you can use the existing TB and use a 4 bolt to a 3 bolt adapter and use what you have now if its a 3 bolt .

Cam and stall . You will get suggestions all over the place . Its mostly what you would like to have . I would call circle D and tell them what you would like to have . I would also call someone like Martin at tick performance and get a custom cam ground for your exact set up . It makes a huge difference . Cost the same also .
homemade87 is offline   Reply With Quote