The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-06-2015, 02:29 PM   #1
jasonmiddlebrooks

70 LWB c10 rear cab mount brackets

I am replacing both of my rear cab mount brackets that go on the frame. I noticed the original ones are a little different than the new ones I bought from LMC. The original ones look like the hole the mounting bolts go through were a little offset towards the front of the frame on both sides. The new ones have the hole offset towards the front on the left (driver) side and towards the back on the right (passenger) side. Basically the new one are made the same when the original ones look like they were made different and have a specific side they go on. I called LMC and they said they were generic and can go on either side of the frame.

Maybe there will be enough play in the cab mount bolts and bushings that it will not matter when I put the cab back on (which will be several months from now). Does anybody have any experience replacing these? Should it matter the holes do not match up? Should I look for some original ones off a frame someone is parting out?

Thanks

Pictures show the original and new LMC ones. In the pictures the front mount is the driver side and back is passenger side.
Attached Images

jasonmiddlebrooks is offline   Reply With Quote