The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-08-2015, 02:00 PM   #26
jim-bob

Re: No Limit or PorterBuilt or What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcpe View Post
By less invasive I mean it's a bit simpler setup that utilizes the factory front crossmember and steering. I'm not sure about the NoLimit kit, but the PB kit is a bolt-in as I have the air ride version of the coil over kit you would looking at.
..OK, thanks Ryan!
jim-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 02:13 PM   #27
jim-bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Jim bob, the 4L60E is electronically shifted by the computer...PCM. For a nice dependable cruiser with good manners, great acceleration and dependability the 5.3 from a truck with the 4L60E is a nice package. I have that in my 56 BelAir and love it.

Also, you could consider ECE for your drop components. While I haven't ordered from them members here rave about their service. Some drop spindles and springs might meet your needs.
..that's another one we will consider AD..what about 6.0 with the 4L60E?
Old 08-08-2015, 02:29 PM   #28
jim-bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg69 View Post
Not trying to be nit picky here, but I always thought a static drop was one achieved by using drop coil springs that gives you a "static" drop i.e., vehicle height is always the same. Air bags (and hydraulics) are not static because they allow you to adjust the vehicle's height. Then you have a body drop, where the body is basically channeled over the frame making the vehicle appear lower while not actually changing the height of the suspension.

As for suspension parts, I have mostly CPP (classic performance parts) on my C10 short stepside - front coil springs, quick ratio steering box and tubular a-arms & front sway bar. I also have some Hotchkis stuff and homemade stuff on it too. You can see pics of my heap in the albums on my profile page (my build is too slow & boring for a build thread). Mine is about a 5/7 drop and I'm running Chris Alston double adjustable shocks.
..thanks Adam..the guy that will build my ride likes doing business with CPP..
Old 08-08-2015, 02:38 PM   #29
jim-bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeen View Post
Jim-bob, I would be happy to help you figure out a plan of attack for the suspension system, engine and transmission and as luck would have it I'm even a phone guy, I will sit and go through part selection with you a piece at a time for as long as it takes to make sure you get what you want and need.
If you want to hit me with your info, number, best time to call etc. we can get R dun.
..what a fantastic offer Brian! a slight problem..I'm not a Phone Guy
I have a hearing loss that prevents me from talking on the phone, BUT,
I would appreciate it if my build guy can call on you!! Class act Forum!
Old 08-08-2015, 02:52 PM   #30
jim-bob

..I asked in previous post what are LS1; 2; 3; etc,etc..why would one be chosen over the other? are they like what I'm familiar with..old 265; 283; 348..350 TB like in my 88 silverado?
I don't know if I would prefer the 5.3(is that one of the LS engines?)
or go with 6.0 ??? I'm probably not helping enough for yall to help me..sorry..
I will take all these post to my builder..he's purdy good on this stuff but does't like to suggest to much and then the customer not happy..
THANKS to everyone on the advise and suggestions
Old 08-08-2015, 03:47 PM   #31
Advanced Design

Jim-bob, the 5.3 is generally considered to be in the LS family. Same basic design and I know there are folks here that can give details on all the LS engines. I would have to research the differences myself.

I have a 6.0 with a 4L80E in my 72 Suburban and it performs really well. Probably a little more HP and torque than the 5.3.

To get a seat of pants feel for the difference, go drive a 2000 up Silverado or Suburban with a 5.3 if you haven't already. Then drive one with a 6.0 and unless you are towing you probably won't notice much difference. I had a Silverado with the 6.2 and could only really appreciate it when I was towing. The newer trucks are much heavier than the Advanced Design trucks and they are pretty quick even with a 5.3.
And I am putting a 5.3 in the 48 Suburban since I have been so pleased with that engine.

Sorry for rambling on.
Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 03:55 PM   #32
slowcpe

It may be a bit of a drive, but LS Fest is in Bowling Green, KY in mid-September. Beware, going will cause your build to cost a lot more money
1967/71 Blue SWB C10..SOLD
1977 SWB K10..my grandpa's.....never should have sold
slowcpe is offline   Reply With Quote