The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-09-2015, 09:50 AM   #1
juddss

My first C10 suburban What wheel options do i have

Hi guys im new to the forums. I live in NY and just bought a c10 suburban from Virginia with no seats for $3000 and paid $500 to have it shipped up here. Supposed to be a one owner. It has a 350 that seems to run well but has an exhaust manifold split in half. I bought all three rows of seats from a 2001 suburban. I just installed the front seats yesterday and im happy with the outcome. Its pretty solid for the year and has some bondo and a crappy quality paint job but I love it. It came with Silverado wheels with only 2 lug nuts holding them on. The lug pattern is the same but the center bore is 1/2 inches too small. I have thought of boring them out but id like to buy some other wheels. There doesn't seem like too many wheel options out there. Id like to run a 20 or 22 inch wheel. There doesn't seem like any websites out there with all of our options in one location. I just have to hunt by lug pattern and center bore size. Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Images

juddss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 11:21 AM   #2
Advanced Design

Re: My first C10 suburban What wheel options do i have

Welcome Judss! Nice looking Suburban you have.

Are you going to keep the 6 lug?
Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 11:37 AM   #3
juddss

im starting to wonder if I should. Anything that speeds up the driving process!! I have been killing myself trying to find wheels that I like for this thing. Ive almost decided to just take newer gm wheels and enlarge the center bore so they fit. I bought this truck a couple of days ago and cant even drive it because of the jackass that sold it to me never told me the wheels didn't fit. I saw only 2 lugnuts on in the pictures but they never said anything about them not fitting.
Old 08-09-2015, 11:39 AM   #4
juddss

I have drums in front and back. I may do a disk brake conversion but will need spindles and ect. I just want to drive it and see how it runs for now. It seems like a 5 lug conversion would cost too much. Id need rear axles, rear drums, front drums and hubs. Anything else id need.
Old 08-09-2015, 11:50 AM   #5
juddss

Advanced Design Man that's a sweet suburban. I have a 6.0l aluminum block engine I have been thinking of putting in this. Was thinking of topping it off with ls3 heads and a large cam. I also have a 2010 CTS V supercharger that I was thinking of installing. Just the belt drive for this setup is $1k, so baby steps. All of my ideas are starting to add up to a lot of money. So im just going to focus on fixing the broken exhaust manifold and getting some wheels to fit on the truck so I can at least take it for a drive.
Old 08-09-2015, 03:15 PM   #6
juddss

Mods please move over to suburban section. Sorry didn't notice I posted it in the truck section.
Old 08-09-2015, 05:19 PM   #7
Advanced Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by juddss View Post
Advanced Design Man that's a sweet suburban. I have a 6.0l aluminum block engine I have been thinking of putting in this. Was thinking of topping it off with ls3 heads and a large cam. I also have a 2010 CTS V supercharger that I was thinking of installing. Just the belt drive for this setup is $1k, so baby steps. All of my ideas are starting to add up to a lot of money. So im just going to focus on fixing the broken exhaust manifold and getting some wheels to fit on the truck so I can at least take it for a drive.
Thanks Judss! Sorry about the wheel issues...some sellers...

You have a good plan in fixing the truck so you can drive it. Have some fun with it and plan the upgrades a little at a time. You will probably find the front drum brakes are not to your liking. An easy upgrade would be front disc. ECE would be a good place to start. Of course you then have the issue about which comes first, the brakes or the wheels.

25 years ago I could find brakes and axles off of a 72 that had disc brakes and the 5 lug axle for the rear. Maybe still can today.

Have fun and ask lot's of questions as there are many knowledgable folks here.
Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote