The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-15-2004, 02:28 AM   #1
stepside71
Project Money Pit

Pascagoula Ms. junkyard ?

This thread is seeking replies from south Ms. boardmembers. I have a relative currently working in Gulfport (pipefitter) who received info. about a LARGE YARD. Anyone know? I went to Citronelle Al. Friday. It's about 45 miles north of Mobile. Bad news for me the ol' boy that runs the yard likes guess what ? That's right 67-72 Chevys. About 50 acres either picked clean or whatever I asked about was spoken for. BUMMER!!!! Anyways thanks to him there's some decent ones running around south Al.
stepside71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 10:14 AM   #2
Blue Beard

Can only imagine a yard that big.........
1956 Chev Bel Air
1977 Blazer 2WD For Sale $3000.00
1978 Blazer 2WD For Sale $7000.00
1978 Silverado
2005 Monte Carlo
Blue Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 10:29 AM   #3
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

I have heard rumors of some old retired guy that has a yard north of us, but evidently won't let anything go now that he is retired. I haven't ever found one around here that has anything worht grabbing. Most yards around here pretty much do 96 or newer, crush anything that is older.

I think the yard he is talking about is owned by Kenny Cook. he has two yards near me and a BIG yard over in Pascagoula. It's pretty rare for Kenny to keep things older than a 96 now days. says the scrap prices are too good and not enough money in the older stuff.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 12:27 PM   #4
JJR

Not sure what you needs are but if you like self serve pull-a-part type junkyards then I would recommend a stop at Barry's U-Pull-It in Gulfport right off I-10 (around mile marker 31 or 33). I am not sure what the Gulfport members think of it but I liked it. When I had to travel to New Orleans I would always stop by there on the way and they always had a least 1 67-72 truck. Most of the time they were rust buckets but you could find some good stuff still there. I got a good heater control panel for $7 and a 1 1/4 in sway bar (off a mid 70's 3/4 ton truck) for $12. There would be disc brake trucks and a good number of 73-up if you wanted to do a whole cross-member change. Looks like I won't be going to New Orleans much on business anymore so I am going to miss my stops at Barry's.

As far as LA (lower Alabama), I tried to find what appeared to be a junkyard (with older looking stuff) that is visible from I-65 (in the winter time) about 40 miles north of Mobile before you get to the Atmore area. It is on the left (as you travel north) just below an overpass (non-existing). I got of on the next exit, traveled till I found the overpass and their was a dirt road but it had been raining and I really did not want to get stuck so I gave up. Any LA members know of this yard or land owner? Sorry for the long reply.

Second Owner 70 C-10
Second Owner 93 GMC C1500
Third Owner 99 C2500 Crew Cab Short Bed
JJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 01:00 PM   #5
dtlilly
Account Suspended

Don't know if you want to travel that far north, but on hwy 157 just west of I-65 in Cullman, there is a huge salvage yard with anything and everything there from the 20's to the 70's.

In a couple weeks, I'm going to NE Arkansas to see a man that has several hundred of these trucks parked in his back 40. I'm sorry, I can't let anyone know where this honey hole is
dtlilly is offline   Reply With Quote