The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-15-2015, 11:29 AM   #1
Sean C

Any recommendations for new door glass on a 66?

Hey guys, I wasn't going to, but I've decided while my doors are apart I might as well replace the glass with new. Any recommendations for where to buy/brand etc? I'd hate to put something in that has a crappy life span.

Thanks!
Sean C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 11:37 PM   #2
AcampoDave

Re: Any recommendations for new door glass on a 66?

I bought a new rear glass and one wing from LMC in Soft-Ray green. The color matched well and all fit well. Only gripe is it has the word "tempered" etched and finished in white letters on each piece. I couldn't scrape it off or rub it out so it's there to stay. It's a small thing but if you're into staying true to stock it could be a deal breaker.
AcampoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 03:28 AM   #3
64shortbox

You might try your local auto glass shop. I broke both my door windows when I was installing my power windows (don't ask) I brought both windows my local glass shop and their price was less than any of the catalog outfits Before shipping and they set the glass in the channels to boot. They cut the glass rather than ordering it. It was actually cheaper that way.
64shortbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 11:28 AM   #4
SouthernYankee

My two cents: if you still have the original door glass intact, bring them to the local glass shop and have new glass cut to match . I door ought new glass for my 65 from LMC TRUCK and they are just slightly smaller than the original. Now when I roll my windows all the way up the glass track/channel that the glass slides into hits the window wiper/felt before the glass slides all the way up in to the door frame. Of course, no returns on glass per LMC.
SouthernYankee is offline   Reply With Quote