The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-16-2015, 09:41 AM   #1
RodsGreen10

Cab Adjustment

How can I slide the cab of my truck over from left to right? I know it can't be as simple as loosening the body mounts and lifting the body and pushing it over. That would be to easy. Lol.
I used a real scientific measuring practice used my fingers lol. Drivers side front from fender lip to rim is 3 fingers passenger side is 4 fingers lol.
RodsGreen10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 11:26 AM   #2
73kay

Re: Cab Adjustment

Curious about this also. I have been wondering if my cab is "square" or not by just bolting it on.

1953 3100 292 T5
1985 K5 Blazer 350 700R4 208
73kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 12:18 PM   #3
TrailerTrash

I just replaced the cab mounts on my truck last weekend and the way the mounts are made(energy suspension anyway) they have a lip on them that sits down inside the hole in the frame perch so that they are lined up correctly with no side to side movement. and then then sleeves go inside the bushings and the bolts go in the sleeves its a pretty slop free fit.

you miiiight be able to get a little bit of side to side movement with the cab if you loose them all and try to scootch the cab over. but i really dont think it would be much.
TrailerTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 12:27 PM   #4
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerTrash View Post
I just replaced the cab mounts on my truck last weekend and the way the mounts are made(energy suspension anyway) they have a lip on them that sits down inside the hole in the frame perch so that they are lined up correctly with no side to side movement. and then then sleeves go inside the bushings and the bolts go in the sleeves its a pretty slop free fit.

you miiiight be able to get a little bit of side to side movement with the cab if you loose them all and try to scootch the cab over. but i really dont think it would be much.
Yeah I have had new body mounts for a year. Same one you just put on. I just need to move it over about a inch. From right to left.
Posted via Mobile Device
RodsGreen10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 01:30 PM   #5
TrailerTrash

it might be your fender. one fender might have more shims on it that the other side. or it might be warped
Old 08-17-2015, 09:23 AM   #6
homemade87

If you will look right next to the cab mounts there is a hole on the frame . Right above it you will see a hole in the cab . This is what gm uses to align the cab . Slide you a 1/2" rod or something like it up thru the holes and you can move the cab around to align . You will have to loosen all 6 of the mounts to do this ( 4 cab and 2 front core support ) . This is how I aligned mine and worked great .It does not take much movement to get it aligned . If it does something else is out of wack .
homemade87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 08:25 PM   #7
TrailerTrash

i was wondering what those holes were for. good to know!