The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-19-2015, 12:55 PM   #1
curvedglass

Side fill suburban tank filler options

Looking for anyone who relocated their tank using the cpp or brothers suburban side fill replacement tank. I am looking for filler options. I really hate the idea of cutting and grafting a filler door in the sheet metal and having to do any paint work. More project than I would like. I sort of like the look of the old school aftermarket camper fill doors. I also was thinking about using a cab filler set up under my tail light since I do not have factory reverse lights. Just not sure there is enough fall for the gas to get to the tank.

Oh and before we go any further - the reason I am using a side fill is that I gas up in NJ which is a pump it for you state. aka gas jockeys. I plan to have my snap on vinyl bed cover replaced and do not want to have to go under the cover to fill up every time. I drive it often and gas up 3x a week. I can see the hose scratches already and the new snaps ripping off.
curvedglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:15 PM   #2
padresag

Re: Side fill suburban tank filler options

here is a picture of the suburban setup

ron
padresag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:00 PM   #3
MisterC

Re: Side fill suburban tank filler options

I've searched the forums endlessly and there are a lot of options for the grafted side filler doors, but not much else. A couple of guys have run piping up the stake bed pocket and welded a flush mounting cap to the top.

I, too, am in the process of installing a rear tank. I went with the side fill option as well, but I'll be adding my filler neck just behind the wheel tub out of the way so I can still haul things.
350 V-8 - Powerglide

My not so much a build thread as a "Slow Progression Thread":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=486894
MisterC is offline   Reply With Quote