The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-16-2004, 10:31 PM   #1
miket

Door question

I am in the process of redoing interior work from a P.O. It's obvious that when I am ready for body and paint, I will need to spend time on the bottom of the doors.

Since I am redoing the door panels now, I was contemplating insulating the doors. Whats everyone's practice regarding this? do you use anything inside the doors? If so how do you address the water problem? Has anyone drilled extra weep holes?

Evergreen Protective Coatings
Gatorhyde...the best kept secret in spray in bed lining & protection
miket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 11:31 PM   #2
Randy70C-10
Account Suspended

I undercoated the inside of my doors with a couple good heavy coats. This will protect from water and offer some sound deadening as well.
Randy70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 11:35 PM   #3
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Mike, I did drill a couple of extra weep holes.I probably wouldn't again because I have started to clear the originals each time I wash the truck and occassionally when it rains.I haven't had any water trapped in the doors since.
I have a 68 with metal door panels.I took the panels off and glued thin foam packaging wrap to the back.I also used a thin rubber impregnated gasket material to replace the original plastic sheet that helped keep the air from coming thru the window regulator holes and door handle holes.I replaced the eustacions ,too.(the little plastic rings behind the handles).
This along with new window fuzzies and rubber helped quiten down the wind noise and the rattles.A sheet of dynomat would probably help but I haven't done it yet.The doors sound a lot more solid when I shut the doors now.
Hope this helps.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 12:21 AM   #4
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

PanelDeland, did yours actually have plastic under the door panel? All I have ever seen is paper.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote