The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-10-2015, 09:24 AM   #1
aod92

Another Brake line question

I'm running all new brake lines on my 67 c10. I have front disc and rear drums on the truck. I know from the factory it had 1/4" lines going to the drums and I'm supposed to run 3/16" lines to the discs. well I've already started running lines to the drums and I used 3/16" line. I didn't realize I was running the wrong size line until it was to late. Am I gonna run into problems using 3/16" line for the whole system? Should it even matter if I'm using a proportioning valve?
aod92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:39 PM   #2
bbcmudtruck

Re: Another Brake line question

I've been running 3/16" line on my truck front to back. I have disc up front with drums in the rear. From everything I've read, the 3/16" line will be fine. The only thing you may run into is having the correct fittings for the rear. I bought a few extra fittings with 1/2" thread as well as 7/16" thread that are for 3/16" line. My truck is pretty far from being on the road so I can't tell you whether or not there are any problems with doing this. However I researched for a couple of days on whether or not it would work. Everyone that has done this has reported no problems. I plan on switching to disc at some point in time in the future, so that's why I decided on 3/16" for the whole truck.
bbcmudtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:07 PM   #3
aod92

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcmudtruck View Post
I've been running 3/16" line on my truck front to back. I have disc up front with drums in the rear. From everything I've read, the 3/16" line will be fine. The only thing you may run into is having the correct fittings for the rear. I bought a few extra fittings with 1/2" thread as well as 7/16" thread that are for 3/16" line. My truck is pretty far from being on the road so I can't tell you whether or not there are any problems with doing this. However I researched for a couple of days on whether or not it would work. Everyone that has done this has reported no problems. I plan on switching to disc at some point in time in the future, so that's why I decided on 3/16" for the whole truck.
I plan on doing the same in the future so that's good to know. I'll keep going with the 3/16" line then. Thank you
aod92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 11:30 PM   #4
88Stanger

just about to this point in my build, so thanks for this info.
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 11:43 PM   #5
Longhornss

We ran 3/16 on my dads 65 Chev don't to back..... No problems.
Longhornss is offline   Reply With Quote