The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-23-2015, 03:24 PM   #1
Big Blue

Getting it done

Well, Started may project about Seven (7) years ago. Been a long road. Sometimes I had the time and NO MONEY, Other times Had Money and NO TIME. Some how it all comes together. Yesterday (Saturday 8/22/2015 ) My son Painted my Cab and later he is going to paint the rest, Fenders,Hood and small things. I still have a ways to go before it is completed. I am making a TRAZER, Blazer frame truck cab and bed. The Bed will be my major work since I'll have to cut the bed down some to match the rear wheel and raise the bed floor up to match the body lines since the blazer frame is different. So far it hasn't got me down yet.
Attached Images

STILL Working on a frame up: 1987 Truck body on a 78 Blazer frame. Need cab blasted to start project. Got the cab BLASTED, Now Prep and Paint. Started to lay SOME BONDO and primer. Done, Ordering paint. Got paint, Stuff painted,Cab,Fenders, Hood more later. 9/7/2015 Got the clear coat on,now time to take one off. Started to put things back (What a nightmare) like the heating and AC stuff,inside wire harness, outside AC unit and booster, still more. May 2016, still working on the inside. Got duck work in,heating and AC. Radio (stock) in dash with after market in console later, Speaker are hooked up, Steering column is in. Getting ready to drop the cab onto the frame, Working on engine now since I have the room. Well here it is 2018, got the engine in and it runs, now I need to get the exhaust system in so I can adjust the lifters, to loud right now. Got the exhaust on now I am waiting for the break parts to come in.
Big Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:04 PM   #2
Chaplain

Re: Getting it done

Thumbs up...
Chaplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:39 PM   #3
Big Blue

Thanks Chaplain

STILL Working on a frame up: 1987 Truck body on a 78 Blazer frame. Need cab blasted to start project. Got the cab BLASTED, Now Prep and Paint. Started to lay SOME BONDO and primer. Done, Ordering paint. Got paint, Stuff painted,Cab,Fenders, Hood more later. 9/7/2015 Got the clear coat on,now time to take one off. Started to put things back (What a nightmare) like the heating and AC stuff,inside wire harness, outside AC unit and booster, still more. May 2016, still working on the inside. Got duck work in,heating and AC. Radio (stock) in dash with after market in console later, Speaker are hooked up, Steering column is in. Getting ready to drop the cab onto the frame, Working on engine now since I have the room. Well here it is 2018, got the engine in and it runs, now I need to get the exhaust system in so I can adjust the lifters, to loud right now. Got the exhaust on now I am waiting for the break parts to come in.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:35 AM   #4
Chaplain

Yep...
Chaplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:46 AM   #5
motornut
78K & 79C Jimmys

looks good,looks copper/orange color?
motornut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 10:03 AM   #6
77K10Silverado

Yeah man!

77 K10 - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post6752641
77K10Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 03:57 PM   #7
Big Blue

Ordered my paint from paintforcars.com. Very reasonable price for me.

Sunburst Orange Metallic Urethane Basecoat Clear Coat Kit Featuring 5 Star Clear Coat.
Attached Images

Old 08-25-2015, 09:10 PM   #8
motornut
78K & 79C Jimmys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
Ordered my paint from paintforcars.com. Very reasonable price for me.

Sunburst Orange Metallic Urethane Basecoat Clear Coat Kit Featuring 5 Star Clear Coat.
nice choice
motornut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 12:54 AM   #9
tommy217xxx

That's gonna be gorgeous

76 gmc 1500 swb patina finish
Dropped 4/5, 350/4 speed

80 Chevy c10 lwb
305/350
tommy217xxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:16 AM   #10
cadillac_al

Nice color, can't wait to see it in the sun.
77 Chevy K10
cadillac_al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:49 AM   #11
Big Blue

Thanks everyone, can't wait to getter done. Been dying to say that.

John

Old 08-27-2015, 05:45 PM   #12
lowbrow454

Love the color, can't wait to see it all sprayed.
'77 K5 Blazer Chalet #0661 Build thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=776072
'79 K10 Bonanza
lowbrow454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 09:13 AM   #13
rs74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
Well, Started may project about Seven (7) years ago. Been a long road. Sometimes I had the time and NO MONEY, Other times Had Money and NO TIME.

I know the feeling. I tore mine down three or so years ago and got it half way back together and stopped. I built a new business so funds went there. I am just now getting back to where I can start back on it again.

You look like you are on your way. Looking good.

1987 R10 shortie
rs74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:20 AM   #14
Big Blue

Thanks everyone again, I have learned a lot since I joined this group. I think if I had not, this would not be where it is now. I was told in the beginning that if one is going to take a frame up project expect to double or triple the time and money you expect to spent on your project. I am not talking about a group of people (GUYS) doing it just YOU and maybe a friend or Family member. My son has been a great help and INSPERATION to me. So thank you all for your knowledge and comments.

John

Old 09-08-2015, 05:52 PM   #15
Big Blue

Well, got more things painted and clear coated yesterday. When looking at the pictures you will notice the the cab seems darker then the fenders. There is more direct lighting over the fenders. I am going to need another gallon of paint to complete the under side of the fenders and the complete hood. Now time to take one coat of clear off.Still getting it done.

John
Attached Images