The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-13-2015, 01:01 PM   #1
SniperX

So I have another project Chevy

This is my 4th Chevy truck, not counting the S10 blazer which was not a truck! I had a 1973 4x2, 350, C20, a 1977 4x2, C10, and this one, a 1974 4x2, C20. PLus a 1985 K5 with the Diesel motor. This truck has been my project for a few years but I have not worked on it due to job changes and such for a couple years. It has a rebuilt motor (original 350), trans (4 speed w granny low), posi in the rear, and the trans has been refreshed as well as I replaced the clutch with all new parts no rebuilt parts. I also replaced all electrical switches, bulbs and such along with new front calipers, rotors, pads, and am now doing the same on the rear brakes.

All I have left to do is a front steering control part or two, and refresh the gauges and window regulators. Which leads me to my questions,

WHat is the trick to removing the gauges due to the speedo cable? I have not even looked at it yet but seem to remember it being a pain.

Where can I find a exploded view with names for the parts for the front steering parts like the center rod and such? The main part I need is never named on any of the views I have seen which aren't much.

The thig runs well but I also want to do a few power adders since I never have to have it smogged, like a cam, carb and intake along with headers. I know Anyway, that's it for now!
SniperX is offline   Reply With Quote