The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-22-2015, 11:01 AM   #1
russellrox

Show off your budget air bag setups.

I am looking at the airlift dominator 2600 air bags with mounts for front and rear to run on my 66 swb, I don't have drop spindles in the front but would like to run air bags all around instead for a better ride and so I can set the ride height the way I want it. I wanted a raked stance, not slammed since I don't have a notch to go that low, just want a nice look about 3 inches or so lower in the rear and a bit in the front so it looks good. Will I need drop spindles to run this setup or can I run the stock spindles. Let me see what you guys have done, pics are always a bonus.
russellrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 03:03 PM   #2
zplightning

Re: Show off your budget air bag setups.

Here are some pics of mine - I bought the BC Fab stage 1 kit, which is fairly basic and consists of 1/4" line, manual switches, 5 gallon tank and one compressor. It is fairly small but gets the job done and rides great. Their kit is right around the $1K mark, but I would also budget for new shocks, shock relocation kits and a deluxe trac bar from CPP. One pic is lifted up and the others are obviously dropped down.

I have 2.5" drop spindles in front and no notch in the back, so it does have a bit of rake in the rear - I'm not sure if you would have a similar stance or something a little more level without them.
Attached Images

zplightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 01:56 AM   #3
russellrox

Re: Show off your budget air bag setups.

keep it going
russellrox is offline   Reply With Quote