The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-29-2015, 06:50 PM   #1
riz

cab removal prep

I'm looking to remove my cab very soon and was wondering what steps need to be taken to get to the point of actually removing the cab.....

I know I need to remove the front clip first but what else needs to be done? Is there a specific order to do things? What items need to come off? I've never torn a truck down to the frame before so I'm looking to you guys/gals for a good game plan I can follow..

Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to do some things this weekend and then I have next Wednesday off from work so I'd like to be in the garage making progress then too.

Thanks in advance. I could really use some guidance.

RIZ
riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 06:53 PM   #2
riz

Re: cab removal prep

Just to add... I have already pulled the engine and trans. .... this is my first frame off restoration and I could use all your help.

Please let me know if you need any pics of how it currently sits if that would help determine what stuff I should be removing before the next and so on.

RIZ
riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 07:20 PM   #3
77K10Silverado

Watching.

77 K10 - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post6752641
77K10Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 08:13 PM   #4
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

For about a week id go under there and blast the cab bolts with pb blaster.. you need to undo the wiring harness at the fuse block, remove the rag joint and lower part of the column then slowly work out those four cab blots making sure to loosen 1/4 turn then go back a little then loosen more etc etc I used a chainfall and lifted the cab up with the doors just rand the straps through the open windows

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 08:46 PM   #5
Chevy_mud_truck

Unhook the Brake lines or pull the master cylinder/master and booster how ever you prefer to do it and and check for ground wires start picking it up slow and make sure you didn't miss anything where it your first cab removal that all I can add old rusty c10 nail the rest
Chevy_mud_truck is offline   Reply With Quote