The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-05-2015, 08:21 AM   #1
chrismoore701

Wow, 1979 Sport frame off update

Well guys here is the latest on my 1979 stepside sport build. I have everything painted, I have the cab installed and the engine running. I thought I would have had half the panels on by now, but I am finding out it takes time. I am installing a painless wiring harness and it is not the easiest thing to figure out. The instructions are pretty rough, but I have my old harness hanging in the garage for reference and some good books. Last night I got the heater assembly operational, by that I mean I can turn the fan on and all speeds work. I pulled the duct work off the shelf and WOW. This is going to take some time as well. Need to figure out the vacuum line routing and make some repairs. But wow is there a lot of pieces and for some reason I cannot find any of the screws to put this all back together. I guess it is time to improvise. Keep you posted
2018 Chevy Silverado, 39 years apart
My build 2008-2016. http://m.imgur.com/a/bURrE
chrismoore701 is offline   Reply With Quote