The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-09-2015, 12:22 AM   #1
Clavo106

Aftermarket Rear cab mount brace Q's

, ,
Clavo106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 12:49 AM   #2
Clavo106

Re: Aftermarket Rear cab mount brace Q's

ok. so I brought LMC cab mount braces for the rear because one of the original rears was shot.. ordered two for the back. The part N# is the same I thought there was a right left as showing by picture how far center holes for the bushing is off. and the mount hole as well.. I doing the lb to sb.. and notice "like all aftermarket parts" that everything was not right. so as on photo I have not drill out my hole to insure I was going to have equal measurements. I know the cab brace above frame was 1/8"... on picture I measured the original hole mount position and the aftermarket position on the frame there a little more wider but that fine I believe if im only working from only 12' back rear line.. Now the problem im running into is that the top center hole for the bushing goes is not centered it off as seen on pictures my bushing has slack side to side clearance about 1/8.... Now I think I can do this two ways one easy would be to take a burr bit and egg the bushing hole out 1/8" to make both side equll or should I add more work to my self and center and weld another 3/16 hole on top of the mount pic#2 .. I would only need to burr egg about 1/4". to squre it up. Any ideas?
Clavo106 is offline   Reply With Quote