The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-07-2015, 10:29 PM   #1
East_Bound
Registered User

East_Bound's Avatar

Location: Northern California
Where to buy Auxilary Fuel Filler Cap?

What's up guys -

I was driving along after seeing if there was fuel in my aux tank. I got back and realized I left the cap on top of the cab before driving off. Dumb mistake. I can't seem to find an oem fit cap online like I can for the main fuel tank. Any ideas on where I can find this cap? Thanks!
Attached Images

East_Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 10:47 PM   #2
Clavo106
Registered User

Location: Yakima, WA
Re: Where to buy Auxilary Fuel Filler Cap?

im interested in this aswell.. would like to find a nice lockable one.. any have some suggestions?
Clavo106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 10:51 PM   #3
East_Bound
Registered User

East_Bound's Avatar

Location: Northern California
Re: Where to buy Auxilary Fuel Filler Cap?

Or if someone can perhaps give me the part number of the cap they have on their aux tank? 1971 C20 Custom Camper - 350ci.
East_Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 11:31 PM   #4
Ironhorse
Senior Member

Ironhorse's Avatar

Location: Wellington, Ks
Re: Where to buy Auxilary Fuel Filler Cap?

Not sure if it is the same or not but think it would be. Have the aux. fuel cap from a '70 3/4 ton I am parting. Had the fuel door cover which is toast but the cap was still there. Can post some pics of it in the 67-72 parts for sale section if interested, let me know. Also have a locking gas cap I used for my '71 4x4 before I removed the in-cab tank and opted for the under bed gas tank.
__________________
1971 Chevy 1/2T 4x4 LWB 350 V-8
Was sm465-now 350TH/np205
Tilt, Tach, Towhooks
Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 09:23 PM   #5
East_Bound
Registered User

East_Bound's Avatar

Location: Northern California
Re: Where to buy Auxilary Fuel Filler Cap?

Yes, that would be good if you could post a picture of it here or post it in the for sale section. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
Old 12-09-2015, 09:23 PM   #6
East_Bound
Registered User

East_Bound's Avatar

Location: Northern California
Re: Where to buy Auxilary Fuel Filler Cap?

Nobody else knows where to buy a oe style cap to fix an auxiliary tank? Any info helps!
East_Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 09:27 PM   #7
leddzepp
Moderator

leddzepp's Avatar

Location: Southern Cal
Re: Where to buy Auxilary Fuel Filler Cap?

You should be able to buy a cap at any parts store.
__________________
1972 C/10 Cheyenne Super SWB. Restored, loaded, slammed.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 08:31 AM   #8
Ironhorse
Senior Member

Ironhorse's Avatar

Location: Wellington, Ks
Re: Where to buy Auxilary Fuel Filler Cap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by East_Bound View Post
Yes, that would be good if you could post a picture of it here or post it in the for sale section. Thank you.
Posted to the parts forum with a pic of the aux. fuel cap.
__________________
Old 12-10-2015, 03:06 PM   #9
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

richard2717's Avatar

Location: Eastern Shore of MD
Re: Where to buy Auxilary Fuel Filler Cap?

this one is on the 72 longhorn I just got. it is just sitting on there and the seal is rotten but here is a picture of the numbers on the back side. I did not see a name anywhere unless it is made by "vented"
Attached Images

__________________
Members I have met.
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 07:07 PM   #10
Ironhorse
Senior Member

Ironhorse's Avatar

Location: Wellington, Ks
Re: Where to buy Auxilary Fuel Filler Cap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clavo106 View Post
im interested in this aswell.. would like to find a nice lockable one.. any have some suggestions?
Posted a locking gas cap in the 67-72 parts forum. Used it on my '71 4x4 in cab tank before I went to an under bed tank.
1971 Chevy 1/2T 4x4 LWB 350 V-8
Was sm465-now 350TH/np205
Tilt, Tach, Towhooks
Original Truck AM/FM