The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-20-2015, 10:36 PM   #1
hkopp

4 bolts beneath tailgate

I just wanted confirmation that these are for rubber bumpers for the license plate, thats what I read on several forums. I see trucks with them, but dont know what they are for.
hkopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 07:42 PM   #2
63burban
Chevy addict

Re: 4 bolts beneath tailgate

pictures ?
63burban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 08:30 PM   #3
luvbowties

Interesting fact on that topic however...after that wreck there was an investigation as the driver claimed I didnt have my lights on (it was early morning). The bulbs were taken to a lab and they checked how much bend, if any, was in the filament. When the lights are on and red hot then suddenly shocked by an impact they will contort or bend away from the direction of impact, and then cool in that shape. If the lights are off they wont be affected. Yup....mine were bent up pretty good.

I had asked on another thread but havent heard back..anyone know what the holes are above the center of the bumper and below the tailgate?[/QUOTE]

Four holes are for rubber 'license plate anti-vibration tits'. License and its light bolt onto a bracket that bolts onto upper of stock rear bumper.

The fenders did not come with ANYTHING on them--until 1966. 1966 was 1st and only year for backup lights "dimpled" into the fender. (good way to quickly tell stock '66 from other years)

Backup lights on earlier years were bolted thru a bracket that was extended from and secured by the same bolts attaching the tailgate chains.

See link provided for pic of both brackets--license plate and back-up lights. >> http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cbe/full.aspx?Page=116 <<

HTH, Sam
luvbowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 09:35 PM   #4
hkopp

Sorry 63burban, I thought I put the link in, guess not.

Thanks luvbowties...I appreciate the info.
hkopp is offline   Reply With Quote