The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-22-2015, 01:11 AM   #1
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Made A Trip For Parts, Met A Member, Bought A Truck and Made A Friend

I took a drive today out into the Cascade Foothills to meet up with board member Livrat (Mark) to scope out a few parts for my '72 GMC resurrection from the ditch it hit almost 2 years ago. All I can say is wow... lots of great parts and projects and a wealth of information on metal work. I saw and learned a lot today.

Mark is a great cat and I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to his place. I got a couple of bedsides and a passenger side front fender "cup". But what I really was happy about was the 1972 GMC C2500 Super Custom (Custom Camper) he had there. It has damn near ALL the parts I need for my truck. So we struck a deal and the truck will be mine.

Here are a few pics of the C2500 and one pic of the bedsides tucked into my shed at home by my riding lawn mower.

Today was a great day and I'm looking forward to my next trip out to see Mark when I pick the truck up from his place. Thanks again Mark!

If it wasn't for this kick a$$ forum, I would have never been on this trip today. Way cool!

Gary
Attached Images

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 01:18 AM   #2
leddzepp

Re: Made A Trip For Parts, Met A Member, Bought A Truck and Made A Friend

Awesomeness

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 12:47 PM   #3
special-K
Special Order

If you come to my house to buy parts and a truck I'll be your friend, too!

Just ribbin'. I wanted to go out to his place a good 10 years ago to buy that gold camper he was selling. I still hope to get out that way to meet Mark, as well as others. I like the Studes, too!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 01:22 PM   #4
72kool

hey if you ever want to part with anything on that truck, id love to pick through it. its the twin to mine except the roof color.

I love how helpful this board is. I hope to be able to meet up with some of the great members on here some day
72kool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 03:49 PM   #5
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
If you come to my house to buy parts and a truck I'll be your friend, too!

Just ribbin'. I wanted to go out to his place a good 10 years ago to buy that gold camper he was selling. I still hope to get out that way to meet Mark, as well as others. I like the Studes, too!
LOL! The way his shop is set up is pretty cool. Everything is inventoried and stored away. I wish I would have got to meet him back when I first got my truck as well. About 8 years ago.

The Studes are way cool. There was another board member's 1970 Blazer sitting in the paint booth. Sweet rig. He also had a '56 Chev Wagon on a rotisserie awaiting an entire floorboard replacement. Just coolness all around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72kool View Post
hey if you ever want to part with anything on that truck, id love to pick through it. its the twin to mine except the roof color.

I love how helpful this board is. I hope to be able to meet up with some of the great members on here some day
I will let you know. There will be a lot of parts off of this rig available after I pick at it. I will be parting it out afterwards. It has a D60 in the rear and a TH400 in front of a 350 SBC. I'll be keeping the 350 and the TH400. But the D60 will be up for grabs.

Once I get the truck to my place and figure what I will use, I'll post what will be available after that.

Gary

Quote:
Quote:
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
Old 12-30-2015, 02:38 PM   #6
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Well... the rig made it home. almost a 2 hour drive from Livrat's place to the GASoline Garage...

Man I am stoked!

Now its a matter of stripping the parts I need. The front end of this truck is in way better shape than my rig ever was!

Gary
Attached Images

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote: