The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-08-2015, 11:20 AM   #1
hotrod 80
mini truck racer

Street outlaws

Houston was represented pretty well last night I thought . James Kay got Kye first round and knew he has to swing for the fence . Despite the big wheelie he made a good pass .

Flaco in the TTSBC pump E85 S10 had a good outing . It looked flat on the last pass . it is faster than that last pass .
1978 Chevy Luv Blue
1976 Chevy Luv Black
1979 Firebird Flooded in Harvey
1999 F350 Dually
2005 GMC Sierra 4.8 RCSB
2014 Explorer (wifes)

My build :http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=399148

Build #2: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=653583
hotrod 80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 11:43 AM   #2
slowcpe

Re: Street outlaws

I thought it was a pretty good episode. Had he not rode the back bumper for 300' he might've had a chance to take him out.

I really thought Dave was going to take out Kye but that did not look like a good pass for the vette. I was really surprised he was foot braking that car.
1967/71 Blue SWB C10..SOLD
1977 SWB K10..my grandpa's.....never should have sold
slowcpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 06:26 PM   #3
71Dragtruck

Spoiler alert!!!!
Getz Oilfield Consulting
Hard Candy Customs
71Dragtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 07:34 PM   #4
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

lol all this info hits the forum and social media the same night the races happen....non of those dudes are any good at keeping an NDA (and the spectators aren't held to em)

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 09:46 PM   #5
71Dragtruck

Social media is the devil.
Getz Oilfield Consulting
Hard Candy Customs
Old 12-08-2015, 11:37 PM   #6
hotrod 80
mini truck racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Dragtruck View Post
Spoiler alert!!!!
Sorry , it was season finally . I assumed it was seen by everyone . I really didn't give anything away .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
lol all this info hits the forum and social media the same night the races happen....non of those dudes are any good at keeping an NDA (and the spectators aren't held to em)
Um , yes everyone is held to them . I am in the circle here in Houston pretty well and can tell you I have a good ideal what is coming up , but NOBODY is talking .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Dragtruck View Post
Social media is the devil.
Sorry I thought everyone had seen it and I really didn't give anything away .
1978 Chevy Luv Blue
1976 Chevy Luv Black
1999 F350 Dually
2005 GMC Sierra 4.8 RCSB
2014 Explorer (wifes)

Old 12-09-2015, 12:32 AM   #7
71Dragtruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod 80 View Post
Sorry , it was season finally . I assumed it was seen by everyone . I really didn't give anything away .

Um , yes everyone is held to them . I am in the circle here in Houston pretty well and can tell you I have a good ideal what is coming up , but NOBODY is talking .

Sorry I thought everyone had seen it and I really didn't give anything away .
Oh I clicked out once I saw it was about the episode, I posted after I saw the episode was just bugging.

For some reason up here I Canada our Discovery channel is weeks behind with the show, on ours this Thursday Dave takes on the 405. BUT I'm to impatient so I stream it online so Mondays show is available Tue, I just hadn't watched it yet, but did this afternoon so carry on.

And Social media is the devil regardless, I don't do it. LOL
Getz Oilfield Consulting
Hard Candy Customs
Old 12-09-2015, 01:00 AM   #8
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Quote:
Maybe your people shut up, but during the whole Chicago saga, we got everything pretty much asap. Tuff Enuff and his guys own the majority share in our local track.

Tuners are like barbers, they kinda end up hearing a lil bit of everything.

Old 12-09-2015, 10:26 AM   #9
Wasted Income
Boosted Member

If anything, that episode reminded me why I'm a boost guy, and not a nitrous guy.
2014 VW Passat TDI - Daily Driver
Turbo diesel
2015 Sierra Denali HD Duramax Turbo diesel
2016 Ford Explorer Sport - Twin Turbskis
2017 Polaris RZR Turbo
2014 Nor-Tech Center Console - Twin Supercharged Outboards

TURBO ALL THE THINGS!!
Wasted Income is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 02:17 PM   #10
hotrod 80
mini truck racer

Quote:
Maybe your people shut up, but during the whole Chicago saga, we got everything pretty much asap. Tuff Enuff and his guys own the majority share in our local track.

Tuners are like barbers, they kinda end up hearing a lil bit of everything.
The only guys down here talking are the ones that have nothing to lose. Anybody with any assets wont talk . One guy told me they have attorneys on retainer and people watching all social media and they couldn't afford to talk .
1978 Chevy Luv Blue
1976 Chevy Luv Black
1999 F350 Dually
2005 GMC Sierra 4.8 RCSB
2014 Explorer (wifes)

Old 12-16-2015, 11:39 AM   #11
hotrod 80
mini truck racer

Guess it is really out of control now . It probably has 1 more season where normal cars are seen . The new wave appears to be pro mods basically . Be interesting to see it they can get these down a unprepped street .
1978 Chevy Luv Blue
1976 Chevy Luv Black
1999 F350 Dually
2005 GMC Sierra 4.8 RCSB
2014 Explorer (wifes)

Old 12-16-2015, 12:00 PM   #12
71Dragtruck

Kye Kelly gets his down the street, but I'd imagine as the limits get pushed more and more it will be like watching the small tire guys smoking them all the time. It's kinda too bad I personally like to watch back half cars run and main reason I watch the show is to see the cars and setups they run, I have no interest in pro mod cars.
Getz Oilfield Consulting
Hard Candy Customs
Old 12-16-2015, 02:46 PM   #13
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Ya the whole "Crow 2.0" thing and the new Goliath are kinda leaning on that idea. I mean, lest we not forget that Lutz is still around, with a proven pro-mod...just 0 interest in being on that spotlight again. Its not like a pro mod on the street is a new thing, just that its only practical for them now that they essentially have "closed course" street racing.

BTW, anyone else ever see the actual footage from the Chicago throwdown? Not the little clips they showed, the actual one that discovery didn't air.

Old 12-16-2015, 07:52 PM   #14
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Quote:

BTW, anyone else ever see the actual footage from the Chicago throwdown? Not the little clips they showed, the actual one that discovery didn't air.
Yeah I think people forget that you see only about 15% of what really happens.
I have to admit I've never watch any of the 'outlaw' series so I should sit on my hands and limit my involvement to READING here,,, BUT,, I lost all interest after being in 2 pinks deals, and seeing what drama they create.

and on that rant
I want to PUKE at most of the 'restoration' shows. may months and $100,000 in labor condensed to a 30 minute 'info-mercial' (including 12 minutes of regular commercials) and they try to make you believe it was done 'on budget' and in 10 days. such B.S.

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 08:35 PM   #15
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Yeah I think people forget that you see only about 15% of what really happens.
I have to admit I've never watch any of the 'outlaw' series so I should sit on my hands and limit my involvement to READING here,,, BUT,, I lost all interest after being in 2 pinks deals, and seeing what drama they create.

and on that rant
I want to PUKE at most of the 'restoration' shows. may months and $100,000 in labor condensed to a 30 minute 'info-mercial' (including 12 minutes of regular commercials) and they try to make you believe it was done 'on budget' and in 10 days. such B.S.
Ugh tell me about it. During my stint in automotive media, that was one of the biggest annoyances when dealing with advertising/marketing people. Arguing over how much each article/minute of video would cost to feature a certain product etc.

Basically lost most of my respect for the industry after that. Aside from a few folks (McM and Roadkill actually portray the time and likelyhood of failure), most seem to condense everything. Sure sometimes its for the sake of time, but often times its covering for a lack of actual knowlege, or the fact that they have a B-team of actual builders doing it behind the scenes.

As for the outlaws tho; If you skip all the farmtruck and AZn stuff, which is pretty much "skits", and just watch the races, its an interesting 12 minutes of television. Your better off just watching all the race clips on Youtube or dailymotion or something. With the Chi, they actually canned like 6 races because they got shutout, and the sh!t talking was at peak.

Old 12-16-2015, 09:37 PM   #16
71Dragtruck

Where is the full throw down footage, Youtube?
Getz Oilfield Consulting
Hard Candy Customs
Old 12-16-2015, 11:39 PM   #17
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

You might be able to find it through the torrent sites or the smaller video sites. I haven't checked lately but last time I looked it wasn't on YouTube (Discovery can file copyright claims and have it taken down).

What I saw was a collection of race videos from the event, not a "produced" episode. They aired a bunch of stuff from the event in an episode last year, but the editing skipped over a few races and cast a weird light on things.

There was a collection of random stuff posted by Tuff and some other chicago guys. I'm pretty sure the first go-round with Kye had a bunch of unaired races also.

It falls in line with the old adage; its not what you know, its what you can prove.

Old 12-22-2015, 02:38 AM   #18
moggey01

They don't like cell phones at these events and tell people not to record. They are hush ,hush . I did also hear. of a lot of editing to make 405 guys more solid.
moggey01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 12:06 PM   #19
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

I only watch the show for the cars. Now the more they slip in to "Pro-mod" style cars I'm losing interest fast. I never even like Pro-mod racing at the track. Silly lookin stretched out fiberglas/carbon fiber bodies that have a grotesque resemblance of whatever "street" car they are supposed to be. Drop that on a blown alcohol funny car chassis and engine... boom... some weird "outlaw" class. Hell I'd rather watch the old Fuel Altereds...

Now even the backhalf cars are stripping massive amounts of weight and doing whatever they can to stay "street" and keep up with the Pro-mod style cars. At least the backhalf cars still look like real cars. But even Kye's car still looks like a street Camaro without the crazy stretched front end and such.

Meh... I digress. After season 3 I have lost interest, but still just love fast cars. So I still watch.

Gary

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 03:41 PM   #20
Super73

More reason I like events like http://eaglefielddrags.com/ or http://www.kingdondrags.com/

These events still support real cars/trucks built by people like us. Not some overly sponsored high dollar rig.

Interestingly enough, I just picked up a 64 nova for dirt cheap that I will be building in to a retro gasser (used loosely). Why? Because I like building different things and can do this with in a reasonable budget. Plus I want to hone my tig skills with the molly front end and cage.

These shows really do not provide a true reality. Heck, just like so many other things in the media today.
1/4---10.38 @ 126.97----9.24 @ 142.49
Super73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 08:30 PM   #21
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super73 View Post
These shows really do not provide a true reality. Heck, just like so many other things in the media today.
Wait....so Kim K and Nicki Minaj don't have real a$$es? The media lied to me.

Old 12-28-2015, 12:52 AM   #22
Rannos

Quote:
Houston was represented pretty well last night I thought . James Kay got Kye first round and knew he has to swing for the fence . Despite the big wheelie he made a good pass .

Flaco in the TTSBC pump E85 S10 had a good outing . It looked flat on the last pass . it is faster than that last pass .
James is a cool dude. I was racing him in his wife's car last week when my rearend finally broke.

Hotrod 80 incase you hadn't put it together yet this is Big Jay on Htownracing.
Rannos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 08:13 AM   #23
djracer

Anyone Know Farm Truck personally? I sent him a message on Fb trying to pay him to come to Alabama and match race my truck and I didn't hear a word back.

Special Thanks to All who have helped on the TRUCK!

My Pass Time Show http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p...Chapter1-0.mp4

So Far my best Times are:

Motor only:
6.44 1/8 @ 104.13
10.39 1/4 @ 125.83

Nitrous Times:
5.785 1/8 @ 118.65 with a 1.336 60ft
9.168 1/4 @ 142.58 with a 250 shot dead out of the hole!
djracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 02:07 PM   #24
71Dragtruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by djracer View Post
Anyone Know Farm Truck personally? I sent him a message on Fb trying to pay him to come to Alabama and match race my truck and I didn't hear a word back.
I tried to email him once to ask some questions about his front end and oil pan clearance with his 632 as he has the same front suspention as I do and I knew the rack wouldn't clear. Anyway never got a response from him and saw later what he did to make it fit, but now see he made some other mods to the front end and would love to talk to him about it, so if anyone knows him I would love to get him on the forum or be able to get in contact.
Getz Oilfield Consulting
Hard Candy Customs
Old 01-01-2016, 02:29 PM   #25
Rannos

Quote:
Originally Posted by djracer View Post
I have tried getting a hold of them as well. I was in OK last year for an old school classic car race and was trying to get them to bring the Dung Beetle and the Farmtruck. I would love to race the beetle myself. I'm sure I'd get a good look at his taillights but it'd be fun.
Rannos is offline   Reply With Quote