The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-02-2016, 01:32 PM   #1
Bullett

62' c10 floor carpet needed

Doing some work on the ole gal this winter, floor carpet is going to be replaced. Has anyone bought a carpet from jc Whitney? I am going to order my precision weather strips from them and figured the carpet at the same time. Has anyone ordered a carpet from them and if so, we're you happy with it. Also, I am a little confused about "tunnel height". They have a 3" tunnel height carpet and a 7" height? My tunnel isn't exactly either. It starts out maybe a couple inches at the base of the seat and tapers to 4 or 5 inches towards the firewall. Is this considered a 3" tunnel? Thanks...

Bullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 03:14 PM   #2
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: 62' c10 floor carpet needed

Beautiful truck! I have to admit it's been many years since I bought anything from JC Whitney, and most of it was a mistake. The headliner for my 46 Ford was the most attractive one I'd ever seen in a 46 Ford. That was purchased back in the early 1980's. After that, everything was junk. I bought some outside peep mirrors that looked like mirrors, but every piece of them was loose and they couldn't be used. I ended up throwing them away. And their shipping charges are excessive if you have any other options available, they will almost always be less expensive.

As for carpet, I'd go with someone like StockInteriors.com.

http://www.stockinteriors.com/ They're carpets are molded and bound, something JC Whitney may not invest in. If your tunnel extends straight forward to the firewall at the same level, you have the large hump floor, and need the bigger mat. The small hump starts high near the seat, and drops down toward the floor before ending up at the firewall. Here are photos of the removable floor panels:

Good luck!
Old 01-02-2016, 04:05 PM   #3
Bullett

Thanks, my truck is a true survivor, the frame and floor are as clean now as they were in 1962. It spent its whole life on the west coast. I agree that jc Whitney products are usually cheesy but in the case of the weatherstrip kits, a few people on this board suggested precision brand kits and jc Whitney just happens to carry them. I figured since I was ordering the weatherstrip kits, I would see about their carpets but I suspect that probably wouldn't be a good idea, I'll check out stockinteriors.com so I'm still a little unsure of my center hump, I would say it is similiar to the top pic mark posted, small hump?
Old 01-02-2016, 05:39 PM   #4
Bullett

Actually, more I look at it, it looks more similar to the patch panel in the pic.
Old 01-02-2016, 05:40 PM   #5
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

It can't hurt to at least check first. Your floor is definitely a low hump version, whether it has a removable pan or not. It's clear the hump heads towards the floor right in front of the seat.
Old 01-02-2016, 06:00 PM   #6
Bullett

Mark, thanks. Just ordered a 80/20 loop carpet from stockinteriors.com. Heck, the price was every bit as good as jc whitneys anyhow. The 80/20 loop is supposed to be pretty close to the same texture as the factory rug. Thanks for the advice, I'll will post up a pic when I get it for those of you that are contemplating a new carpet or just curious to as what it will look like. ...bullett.