The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-06-2016, 09:57 PM   #1
samples45

Could some take a measurement for me please

I wondering the measurement is on the door opening towards the bottom.. Say, right above the bottom hinge straight back! Thanks! Oh and just in case anyone wants to know why when I shut the doors the door rubs the pillers in the rear.. I wanna see if the opening isn't right! Thanks
samples45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 12:26 AM   #2
pugs

Re: Could some take a measurement for me please

just ran out and measured my and I have like 36 3/8 s".( flat area just above the lower hinge straight back) I seen your build thread and noticed you have done the steps areas. so you may have to hake hinge adjustments on the door side to get squared up.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:44 AM   #3
samples45

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs View Post
just ran out and measured my and I have like 36 3/8 s".( flat area just above the lower hinge straight back) I seen your build thread and noticed you have done the steps areas. so you may have to hake hinge adjustments on the door side to get squared up.
Thanks man! I have between 36 1/4 and 36 3/8's on both sides if I move the tape just a little it goes either way so it must be in the hinges, they are brand new so I may have to make the holes on the door side hinges bigger to move the door foward. I have no paint or anything on right now and they rub a little so I'm gonna need to make some room somewhere..
Old 01-07-2016, 01:00 AM   #4
pugs

believe me its a pain to get the squared up Ive done a few already for the most part I keep a paint stick handy to gauge my gaps as I been taught by a few old timers as a good guideline.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:48 AM   #5
samples45

Quote:
believe me its a pain to get the squared up Ive done a few already for the most part I keep a paint stick handy to gauge my gaps as I been taught by a few old timers as a good guideline.
Yeah I hear ya! I just didn't think it would be bad enough that the doors would rub the pillers! The front window frame is already touching the cab
Old 01-07-2016, 01:52 AM   #6
samples45

Quote:
Look at post 145 in my thread and look at the bottom picture you will see the window frame and how close it already is, now imagine the back piller on the cab down low where the piller meets the floor the door is also slightly rubbing there