The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-12-2016, 01:27 PM   #26
Lugnutz65

Re: Steering column rebuild, help needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadbelly View Post
Lugnutz
I will take you up on you offer and wisdom. I received my new 63 yesterday and drove it around the block in first gear as that's all she would allow. 3 on tree 63, and could see total rebuild in the works. Do want to steal thread so new one? Via PM?
Cavebull
I sent you a PM.

Want to know more about T5 transmissions? My website has a T5 Info Page and a Step by Step T5 rebuild.
Lugnutz65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 01:31 PM   #27
63burban
Chevy addict

Your turn signal switch is not a Pontiac, just an old aftermarket switch that Hot Rodders look for. Looks like your whole column needs a rebuild, all the parts are available through aftermarket suppliers. The yellow assembly manual available through suppliers has the column info you should need. I have done many of these columns, if you want to pull it and send it to me I could rebuild it for you.
63burban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:13 PM   #28
Bullett

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63burban View Post
Your turn signal switch is not a Pontiac, just an old aftermarket switch that Hot Rodders look for. Looks like your whole column needs a rebuild, all the parts are available through aftermarket suppliers. The yellow assembly manual available through suppliers has the column info you should need. I have done many of these columns, if you want to pull it and send it to me I could rebuild it for you.
Maybe I might do this and be done with it. The rest of the truck is pretty much all rebuilt. I will get out in the garage and see what pulling the whole column out entails. Thanks for all the suggestions and help from everyone, I know this is a hard thing to help someone with online. Maybe I should go for the complete rebuild kit and try it myself as well? I'm this deep into it.
Bullett is offline   Reply With Quote