The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-24-2016, 11:32 PM   #1
Brad54

Found a "work box" in the boneyard...

Was at the junkyard yesterday getting a '59 Suburban for a friend.
I don't have any pics, but I found a really nice "work box" for a short-bed step side.
It had a factory front bed panel and Chevrolet tail gate and chains, '55-'66 style.
The sides were storage compartments and came out far enough that the outboard edges were where a fleetside bed would be, with a wheel opening.

One storage door front and rear of the wheel opening, and a long horizontal storage door (that drops down) above the wheel opening running the length of the bed.

It had later style tail lights--big square ones that bolted to the side of the tail gate mounting... The front and rear stake pockets were there, as on a factory stepside bed.

I didn't ask what he wanted for it... he treated us right on the Suburban, though.

If my K10 was a short-bed, I think I'd be running this... but my K10 is a long-step, so I walked away.

Didn't a member try selling one of these beds a while back, with lots of interest but no takers?

-Brad

There's no cool like Old School
Brad54 is offline   Reply With Quote