The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-28-2016, 09:55 PM   #26
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: NICE 68 swb on ebay (40K mi)

I don't care for 3 on a tree either, but beautiful truck. Bidding sits @ $20,500. Unreal the value of these trucks, especially the "unmolested" low miles. No rust etc., I'm going to guess this sells for 27-30K.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assembly kit for restoring the (a) truck from the ground up. My build thread, and more on the assembly kit https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 10:19 PM   #27
jocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANTIP View Post
I had bid $20k and the person that outbid me has only 1 transaction. The person that listed it also only has 1 transaction. Me thinks they wanted to know my bid.

Dan
Yep, I always wonder just how people really are.. No way to know. But I was watching a SWEeet 74 K20 Camper Special on ebay that had no reserve and got bid up well past my comfort level - was happy for whomever won the bid. And now, all of a sudden, it's listed again. I know buyers sometimes flake out, but I would imagine it just didn't meet the 'silent' reserve. I would think that ebay would do well to restrict re-lists for at least a little while when the reserve has been met - but then again, there's just no way to prove a seller didn't run away. Perhaps opening an ebay case against a flake buyer would be what allows the truck to be relisted. I dunno, just kinda gets my gizzard.

EDIT: I have a philosophical question that has nothing to do with trucks... How come elementary schools have a policy that kids must learn to play a 'recorder' for music class? It's like a cruel prank on parents after a long day's work.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 10:23 PM   #28
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Interesting. Still, I'd think 22Kish DANTIP would be a bargain, providing it is what they say it is. Good luck.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assembly kit for restoring the (a) truck from the ground up. My build thread, and more on the assembly kit https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 10:37 PM   #29
Dustmaker65

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
EDIT: I have a philosophical question that has nothing to do with trucks... How come elementary schools have a policy that kids must learn to play a 'recorder' for music class? It's like a cruel prank on parents after a long day's work.
Our 10 yr old just finished with his, and asked if he could throw it in the fire place...lol I know your pain.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:58 AM   #30
Grumpy old man

I buy a LOT of parts and the occasional car/truck off ebay and after a few times of constantly being bid up I don't bid on anything until the last 20 seconds of the auction , I just put it on my watch list and then I decide what I'm willing to pay for whatever it is I'm bidding on regardless of what the current bid is I make 1 bid with 20 seconds or less on the auction and I usually win whatever it is I'm bidding on . You can see just by the bidders on this truck that even with 4 days to go they keep bidding it up to be on top for no good reason ? it's the auction mentality that runs some of these prices so high .If the other bidders don't know your out there waiting until the end it keeps the bids lower because there's less competition for the item being auctioned .Try it it really works . They used to have an ebay countdown but so many people complained about being sniped in the last few seconds the got rid of that ap .Say the item is bid up to $100.00 and I'm willing to pay $300.00 for it ,I just make 1 bid for $300.00 in the last few seconds of the auction and ebay only takes what money from that bid to be the winner up to your $300.00 bid .The competition doesn't have time to rebid
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 11:53 AM   #31
Coley

I have to agree with the 'buyer flake factor' being fairly high these days.
It seems well over 50%+ of the vehicles that get bid up and appear to be 'sold'...end up re-surfacing within either a few days or a couple of weeks for auction again. I am always getting notices about 'a second chance to buy this vehicle!!'....how about a third chance, I'm always third time lucky...lol
Anyways, clearly there is not enough of a built-in penalty for not following through. Ebay should have a $100 (minimum) non-refundable bid cost to get into the auction or perhaps a percentage of the vehicle value. If you win, it goes towards the vehicle. If you flake and run...as many seem to do....it goes to the seller.
Regardless, I think this one will re-surface again in a few weeks if the 50% odds hold.
OR....perhaps, ideally Dan will get it for a reduced price...which is a good thing.
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 12:09 PM   #32
68bowtie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
I don't bid on anything until the last 20 seconds of the auction , I just put it on my watch list and then I decide what I'm willing to pay for whatever it is I'm bidding on regardless of what the current bid is I make 1 bid with 20 seconds or less on the auction and I usually win whatever it is I'm bidding on .
i do the same thing, figure out my max price and bid with 20 seconds to go. then i get outbid and i bid a little more at 10 seconds, etc... yep it's the auction mentality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
You can see just by the bidders on this truck that even with 4 days to go they keep bidding it up to be on top for no good reason ?
something i've noticed is that PARTS tend to get one or two bids at the beginning, then all the real bidding happens in the last 30 seconds. with TRUCKS all the bidding happens early, and not much happens even in the last couple days. maybe it's that buying a truck is a bigger purchase and people think it through more. not sure. but it's something i've observed fairly consistently watching oem c10 trucks and parts.

Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh) SOLD
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh) SOLD
68bowtie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 07:42 PM   #33
68bowtie

16 hours left. i hope a forum member buys it because i want to see more pictures...

Old 02-02-2016, 09:29 PM   #34
Grumpy old man

What happened ?
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:53 AM   #35
68bowtie

first time ebay seller. first time ebay buyer. the person who won the bid only bid once right at the end. just a wee smidge suspicious to me. but hopefully i'm wrong and someone got a nice truck.

here is the buyer's profile, at least what you can see of it...
Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  10.7 KB

Old 02-03-2016, 11:06 AM   #36
dubds10
Stalker Nate

I hope it was the seller trying to up his price & gets stuck with it again & again. Too many guys on ebay upping their prices to get what they want. Let the curbers hold on to their flips for even longer lol

Instagram - TheDonutDiner
FaceBook - @UscreamIscream
dubds10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:04 PM   #37
sawyerrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubds10 View Post
I hope it was the seller trying to up his price & gets stuck with it again & again. Too many guys on ebay upping their prices to get what they want. Let the curbers hold on to their flips for even longer lol
I don't mean to hijack this thread but it's already leaning toward unethical eBay behavior.

This truck was on eBay two weeks ago

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371544319447...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I checked an hour before the auction ended and the winning bid was $8300. I checked again after the auction closed and the winning bid was $7500. The following day the $7500 bid was withdrawn.

Then the truck appeared on CL twice, once at $8000 and also at the same time at $7300.

Now the truck is back on eBay. It's a really nice truck so I thought no brainer. I bid $7500 this morning. This afternoon someone bid $8000.

What is there to stop someone from having multiple eBay accounts and bidding against themselves to up the price? Here is CA it's popular to list a house below market value. This generates multiple offers and eventually a bidding war. My neighbor just sold his house for $400K over listed price.

Rob
sawyerrm is offline   Reply With Quote