The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-19-2016, 07:44 PM   #1
bernsie

Ideas for the truck

It's a dead horse that's been kicked so sorry to kick it again on a handout . I bought a 1982 gmc. About 4 weeks ago. It came with stock rims and tires and a mint beginning . Trucks in great condition. I've added rims and tires. And I've added louvers curtains and cb antennas. Has a fresh 350 and 5 year old paint and an unreal interior. No cracks no real big flaws. Now here is my dilemma . Many if u are from my Era . I'm 41 . So I'm sure a lot have had these old trucks back in the day and seen different styles. Some had roll bars. Some had razorbacks,some had the Lund cab extenders and some had cab sleepers. I want to pay hommage to this truck and take it back to what it would have looked like. But I'm at a crossroads . I wanna make it look very very 80s. Many have said sleeper. Some have said cab extender or razor back and very few said roll bars . Is there anyone who can slap a sleeper or razor back or cab extender on a pic and see what it would look like . I'll toss a few pics on here . Just unsure what to do. Also any other ideas ... maybe some cab opera lights . Some bugger mud flaps or a Sun visor. Maybe lower it a bit ????
Attached Images

bernsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 08:58 PM   #2
Rubble

Re: Ideas for the truck

Man that truck looks great just like that!! Those tires & wheels fit perfect! I'm from same era...turned 50 last fall & started driving when these trucks were new. That set up is timeless... I'm not a big wheels,lowered truck guy. I've got a 87 I just parted out that has the visor,cab extenders & rails. PM me & I can text you pictures

" Rock n Roll ain't noise pollution"
Rubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 08:59 PM   #3
bernsie

Hey bud love to see some pics
Old 03-19-2016, 09:04 PM   #4
Rubble

The wife showed me how to upload pictures but she's at work now.If you send me a private message with cell no. I can text you some Picts. I'll go out to truck & grab some now.

" Rock n Roll ain't noise pollution"
Rubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 09:51 AM   #5
cadillac_al

I'm with Rubble, it looks great like it is. I love those long running boards too. Actually, I'm stealing those pics. I think a visor and racer back (?) fairing would look good on that truck too. Back in the day some of those trucks were really decked out trucker style with every chrome doo dad known to man on them. Nice ride.
77 Chevy K10
cadillac_al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 10:29 AM   #6
enaberif

Ditch the running boards to save the rockers and leave the truck as is.

Visors and razerbacks ruined the look of these trucks especially the 2wd variants. You want to pay homage? Leave it look as is.
enaberif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 10:36 AM   #7
bernsie

For the running boards. This old rig won't see alot of miles in any type of snow or rain. I took it out that day because I had just bought it. I can't forsee issues with rust etc. Second. Depending on your age, depending on where u were raised . It's all I seen back in the 80s and 90s.I miss those looks.. Day in and day out I see the same old square bodies. But I see the drivers and there way younger than I so they are going for the 22 inch tires phantom grill etc. They have straight Beek hats and white sunglasses lol if I have the only redneck fairground cruiser then I'll take the criticisms and laughs lol
Old 03-20-2016, 10:39 AM   #8
bernsie

Been down all kind of roads with these trucks. This red ad black was all air ride on accuiar. Just doing something different this time. I've had so many of these things I can't even recall lol
Attached Images

Old 03-21-2016, 10:43 AM   #9
allengator

In Texas the running boards were only on "old man trucks" in the 80's...
Sleepers and visors weren't really in style... they were considered "over the top"

If I owned your truck and was going for the 80's look, I would remove the running boards and add a tool box to the bed... And then drive it with a smile!

1980 Chevy SWB Pickup (build thread)

1951 Chevy Sedan Delivery
2004 Chevy Tahoe Z71
2011 Harley Davidson Street Glide
2018 Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
allengator is offline   Reply With Quote