The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2016, 01:33 PM   #15
cooperhw

Re: Need Advice - Cut the Top or Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feldsine View Post
Duh, I see Hugger6933 already posted above.

I guess a follow on question. If I were to cut the top off, where in the back would be the best place to do that, I.E. simplest with best chance of success? Above back window, mid window, under the window were that ridge is?

Here are a few more pictures from up under the dash and around the doors. I realize I'd have to pull all this apart to see what is behind the carpet and sound proofing, but initially it doesn't look bad.
If the vin isn't an issue for you, you could just slice it through the middle of the window. You will only have to fix/weld, bodywork from the edge of the window to the doorframe. Bad news is it's gotta be perfect when you are done cause it's right in your face. That's one good thing about doing it below the bed is that you only see what shows from the edge of the bed to the door frame. Easiest in my opinion is top of A pillar and right down the middle of the cab under the seat. Install new rockers when done and you only see a few inches from the rocker to the edge of your carpet or sill plate.
IMHO
cooperhw is offline   Reply With Quote