The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2016, 05:57 AM   #4
Cadaver

Re: New member from England

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpy63 View Post
Great progress Matt! Looks like you ditched gmc grill and switched to 67-8 chevy grill and lowered it . what rear diff are you going to use?
Unfortunately the GMC grill was bent and rusty so needed to be replaced, I was quoted around $1,000 for a replacement landed into the UK as they are so large. I found the Chevy grill about 2 hours from my house with all the bits except a core support for roughly $128. My core support needed to be replaced anyway, and the Chevy one was the same price from LMC, so I bit the bullet and bought that in.

For the suspension, I've got in a Jaguar independent rear suspension system which has disc brakes and a limited slip diff. It's pretty popular over here as Jags are so cheap to break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boynton View Post
Awesome. You should start a thread in the projects/builds section.
Good idea, will head over shortly and do that

It turns out that the truck was bought into England in the 80's by the US Armed Forces, I don't know much department or why, but that might explain why the bed isn't the factory correct one.
Cadaver is offline   Reply With Quote