The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-12-2016, 04:03 PM   #1
vintagezx

Hydraulic clutch help

Hey, I'm way out of my element with this. I bought a motor (250) and transmission that was mated to it that were in another hotrod. It's a saginaw 4 spd. I am guessing this was originally from a car. I like the idea of a shorter throw lever and gearing that will be better for the open road.

Problem: I am getting an adapter for brake/clutch from Captiainfab and I need to figure out the slave cylinder before I can move forward. I am looking at this from Summit. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hr...0/applications

I like this option because I don't have to also have the slave bracket on the outside and it looks clean.

Has anybody done this?

If it's a bad idea, which slave would I use.

Any help is great. Thanks
vintagezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:24 AM   #2
BigSix

Re: Hydraulic clutch help

Hey your link is to a throwout bearing. I don't have the captain fab hydraulic clutch but what I used was a 0.70" bore Wilwood single master for my throwout. You have to match the bore to what you are using. My ZF5 used a .70 stock so I used that from Wilwood. They work pretty well.
BigSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:01 AM   #3
Heater63

IIRC, the Novak Adapter website had a lot of tech info on measuring/matching, check there too. I wanted a solid TO Bearing, and once mounted, an external slave is not really visible, so thats what I used: Novak kit with a Wilwood .75 master

https://www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/clutch/kit-hcr3/ The only thing left is to have a hydraulic line made with correct fittings on each end. A hose shop made mine in about 15 minutes for $50. Do not buy the line Novak sells, it is made to fit a Jeep Master, will not fit the Wilwood as there in not enough room to install adapters.

Last edited by Heater63; 04-13-2016 at 11:08 AM.
Heater63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 02:06 PM   #4
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

I also used the Novak setup in mine. It's been working perfectly for years.
Old 04-24-2016, 10:17 PM   #5
vintagezx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heater63 View Post
IIRC, the Novak Adapter website had a lot of tech info on measuring/matching, check there too. I wanted a solid TO Bearing, and once mounted, an external slave is not really visible, so thats what I used: Novak kit with a Wilwood .75 master

https://www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/clutch/kit-hcr3/ The only thing left is to have a hydraulic line made with correct fittings on each end. A hose shop made mine in about 15 minutes for $50. Do not buy the line Novak sells, it is made to fit a Jeep Master, will not fit the Wilwood as there in not enough room to install adapters.
Thanks for the info. I like the look of the Novak kit. I keep thinking about having to pull the transmission if I had a leak or was just wondering so outside sounds better than inside.
vintagezx is offline   Reply With Quote