The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-27-2016, 04:01 PM   #1
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Summer is here!

Well I started yesterday going to check the AC system and make sure it was ready for the summer and the 2016 HRPT in June which I plan to do the 3000 mile round trip.

So hooked my old set of gauges (10-15) years old up to the system and crank it up and before I can get back to the front of the truck boom, Gauge high pressure hose blows a pin hole. Lost a little bit but not much out. Disconnected the quick connect and cut it off. Cleaned the mess up and said Oh well. Drove over to a friends shop and used his set and he said shut it off. No fans coming on with the AC on so back to the house to look at wiring.
LS ECU controls the ground on the relays for the fans to come on so I had to tie into the wiring with another relay off the compressor to trigger them on when the AC fan switch is on.
Went to Harbor Frieght this morning and bought new gauges and started back at it. I got 84* outside air and 45* cab air at the vents! I'm good to go I guess. Just have to make sure all the fire wall holes are plugged up where no heat can get in. The pictures are as it sat idling in the garage to check pressures. When driving it it will get to 45* and stay even at red lights!

I also did some minor door work to. I had new door panels made with some extra pieces for the vent window area to match. I think they turned out OK.

Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote