The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-11-2016, 12:01 PM   #1
kenny4454

Front coilovers with 5 inch lowering coils in rear

I was wondering if anyone is running a similar suspension that I am currently installing on my truck

Front - Ridetech strong arms with hq coilovers
Rear - ECE 5 inch drop coils, ece adjustable panhard bar, shock relocators, ridetech hq shocks.

This will achieve a 3/5 drop. However I have not heard of another person who is currently only running coilovers in the front. I am using the same shock on all 4 corners (ridetech hq). I would be interested to hear from anyone that has experience with only using coilovers in the front and overall performance/handling of their truck.
kenny4454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 11:47 PM   #2
blazercrazy70

Re: Front coilovers with 5 inch lowering coils in rear

I have been looking at the ride tech setup but a bit pricey to run coilover. I have the same setup from ece with drop spindles in the front. I just have the cheap kyb shocks I was looking at the ride tech smooth shocks. But I could not find any info if I could keep my drop spindles or not so I may just go with the smooth shocks for now.
blazercrazy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 12:28 PM   #3
chase@ridetech

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazercrazy70 View Post
I have been looking at the ride tech setup but a bit pricey to run coilover. I have the same setup from ece with drop spindles in the front. I just have the cheap kyb shocks I was looking at the ride tech smooth shocks. But I could not find any info if I could keep my drop spindles or not so I may just go with the smooth shocks for now.
You can use the q-series smooth body shocks. I just need to get some measurements from you. What is the center eye to center eye measurement on your shocks at the driving height?
chase@ridetech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 12:32 PM   #4
chase@ridetech

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny4454 View Post
I was wondering if anyone is running a similar suspension that I am currently installing on my truck

Front - Ridetech strong arms with hq coilovers
Rear - ECE 5 inch drop coils, ece adjustable panhard bar, shock relocators, ridetech hq shocks.

This will achieve a 3/5 drop. However I have not heard of another person who is currently only running coilovers in the front. I am using the same shock on all 4 corners (ridetech hq). I would be interested to hear from anyone that has experience with only using coilovers in the front and overall performance/handling of their truck.

Your truck should still perform well. We are working on our new Street Grip series that will be similar to what you are building for your rear now. I will keep you posted on what ours does when we are done testing.
chase@ridetech is offline   Reply With Quote