The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-25-2016, 04:20 AM   #1
Guy67UK

Best place to buy new front fender and rockers

I am after some recomendation of where to buy a couple of new front fenders and rocker panels from. I know fit and finish can differ so where would you buy from? These are for my 67 C10 so no marker lights..
Guy67UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 06:24 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: Best place to buy new front fender and rockers

Junk yard, part board, swap meets, Craigslist, asking people you see in these trucks, etc.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 01:56 PM   #3
kcsa75

For the rocker panels I'd check with Wes at Classic Heartbeat or GMC Paul. Both are vendors that support this forum and own and build these trucks. Normally, they won't sell parts that they wouldn't use themselves. I bought a pair of rockers and cab corners from GMC Paul and they fit fine.

For the fenders, I would take Special K's advice and try and find something locally. Being in the UK, my guess that's going to be a little more difficult than finding one in Kansas City. Just an idea, but you might reach out to those Wheeler Dealer guys -- Mike and Edd. I know it's television but they always seems to be able to find American car parts in England. It's worth a shot. Otherwise, I would think that shipping charges would kill you.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

People who blindly follow a GPS end up on television programs on The Weather Channel. Some survive, some don't.
kcsa75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:42 PM   #4
Guy67UK

THanks for the replies and the welcome..

Unfortunatley finding good useable secondhand parts for these trucks in the UK is next to impossible. So really no option but to buy new I will try GMC Paul for the fenders and the rocker panels as they seem to have good reviews on here.

The wheeler dealer duo ship all their parts in from the States when they bring in the vehicles, A lot of Ed's work is good but have no time for the other clown.

I didnt really want to get into the body work but had intended to get it papnted of the next winter but after all the n/s wheel stud sheared off damaging the fender last week I now have no choice.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:28 AM   #5
Guy67UK

Tried placing an order with GMC Paul, but the money was refunded to our account as they dont except oders from outside the US so now trying to order through my shipping agent in Texas hopefully with more success.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:07 PM   #6
Guy67UK

Tried placing an order with GMC Paul, but the money was refunded to our account as they dont except oders from outside the US so now trying to order through my shipping agent in Texas hopefully with more success.
Old 04-29-2016, 05:34 PM   #7
Guy67UK

10 week back order
Old 04-29-2016, 07:36 PM   #8
Longhornss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy67UK View Post
10 week back order
On Fenders? I just got 2 new fenders.
Longhornss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 10:09 PM   #9
Guy67UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhornss View Post
On Fenders? I just got 2 new fenders.
Where did you get them from and for what year truck and what was the quality like
Old 04-30-2016, 06:43 PM   #10
Longhornss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy67UK View Post
Where did you get them from and for what year truck and what was the quality like
The truck is a 67, I have yet to install the fenders but they look nice. I am sure they will require some amount of tweeking to get them just right..... They are aftermarket.
Will send you a PM on the details of where the parts came from.
Longhornss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 08:24 AM   #11
special-K
Special Order

Wow, 10 weeks. Is this everywhere? Check our vendor's list. We have more than two options. Maybe someone has them in stock. For rocker panels I use Key Parts/Tri-Plus available from most vendors. They are very good pieces.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 08:32 AM   #12
Guy67UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Wow, 10 weeks. Is this everywhere? Check our vendor's list. We have more than two options. Maybe someone has them in stock. For rocker panels I use Key Parts/Tri-Plus available from most vendors. They are very good pieces.
My trouble is getting the parts over and it is much easier to ship from one location. Shipping can be a killer on seperate parts here, for example I shipped over two front cab supports price $9.99 each shipping $138 plus all the import taxes and then goverment taxes add about 30% to the prices of the part including the shipment so over $200 dollars for a $20 dollar part. much easier to order all the parts together and ship the lot over together