The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1973-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-09-2004, 08:09 PM   #1
GloryHound
Working on a Nova.

WTT 72 & 69 GMC for newer truck!

I currently have:

A 72 GMC Dually with PB, PS, and a flat bed. The body on this truck is rough and the outside is painted primer grey. It ran when I parked it last summer. It has an on the floor four speed w/granny gear standard transmission and the clutch has less than 400 miles on it. Has headers and dual glass packs. The truck has never had a radio in it and still has the factory delete plate on it. The seat is pretty well ripped up, but all the dash gauges seemed too work fine when parked.

Also I have a 69 GMC C-10 LWB. The engine has been removed from the truck since it was not stock, 305 V8 SBC, I still have this engine and it ran when I pulled it last summer. The truck has power steering and a th350 automatic transmission. The oregional color of the truck was green but at some point in the trucks life it was poorly repainted in white. The seat has a cover on it that I have never removed but seems too be intact. All the gauges worked in this truck also before the engine was removed. The green interior parts are mostly still in it in OK condition. The front clip seems to be solid except the passenger side which has rusted through under the battery on the fender. The truck also has been side swiped by something on the passenger side so the door, front fender cab and bedside all have been dented pretty well. Other than dents there does not seem to be any significant rust damage to the cab and doors of the truck. The bed on the other had is rusted out through out the inside and the front bed panel has been dented and bowed. Only the tailgate and drivers side bedside are good enough to be re-used in my opinion.

I also Have a 350 engine that I had gotten with the intention of putting it in the 69 gmc. Luckily before I installed it I opened it up and found out that it needs a major overhaul. It looks like one of the piston oil rings let go and filled the oil pan with pieces of itself.

What I would like to get is a 1980 or newer truck. I would like a dually with an extended or crew cab. Major body parts need to be in good shape since I am not a body man, but the bolt on off stuff like fenders need to be able to pass PA inspection. Would like something that is running. The engine could be a 305 or larger, but I would prefer gas. Automatic transmission would be a good thing but not totally necessary.
GloryHound is offline   Reply With Quote