The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-07-2016, 05:11 AM   #1
Lucather

Single or double pass radiator?

Found this document and it says single pass radiator is better than a double pass radiator. What is the pros and cons for a standard LS2 in a 66 C10?

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billav...stemComponents
Lucather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 08:50 PM   #2
clinebarger

Re: Single or double pass radiator?

I haven't used many Double Pass radiators, But did install one in a YJ Wrangler with a 6.0L/4L80E not long ago, It worked OK, I needed both radiator hose connection on the same side, That's the only reason to run a double pass radiator that I can think of.

Aluminum VS Copper/Brass radiator debate.......I don't care one bit!
Aluminum being BETTER at heat transfer is FALSE, Sure you can compare a New Aluminum Radiator to a 60's style Copper/Brass Radiator & the Aluminum one will win every time, But a modern well designed Copper/Brass will outperform a Aluminum Radiator, COST is the only reason Aluminum Radiators are so popular.

Griffin Radiators are about the WORST aftermarket radiator on the market! Most of them develop Core leaks after a few years, The author of the article raved on & on about Griffin Cheap Champion Radiators are better....At holding Coolant anyway.

U.S. Radiator & Walker make some Excellent Copper/Brass radiators if your interested.
clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 12:00 AM   #3
LS short box

Re: Single or double pass radiator?

Don't agree on Griffin.

My TJ wrangler Griffin radiator is going on 8 years and no leaks. 100 degrees in the summer and -20 winter snow plowing my yard and ZERO issues.

My 67 Nova and 73 Camaro with Griffin HP radiators with 480 RWHP LS engines cooled very nicely. Again zero problems and or leaks.

Current project 71 Corvette again a Griffin double pass just to get the inlet and outlet on passenger side.

I don't buy the custom fit versions. I buy the biggest that will fit and make my own mounts.
LS short box is offline   Reply With Quote