The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-11-2016, 05:40 AM   #1
Toms67

Smile New member. Swap meet.

Hi every one. Just bought a 67 step side. And I have tore it apart. And I need parts.They are having a swap meet at the moose lodge in Rochester ny this Saturday. From 6am till 1pm. Just wondering if anybody has gone to this swap meet before? It is only a little over a half day event. And it is about two and a half hour drive. This forum is awesome. Thanks to all for your posts.
Attached Images

Toms67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:26 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: New member. Swap meet.

Of all the swap meets, large and small, that I have been to I never knew if it was worth going until I was leaving. So far they have all been worth going. But that's because they are yet another way to enjoy being involved with old trucks, even if I never bought a part. You don't know unless you go.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 12:13 PM   #3
Toms67

Yes you are right. I just wounded what they might have for parts. Yes can get a lot of information from talking to people. Thanks for the reply.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:36 PM   #4
CUSTOM/10

Hey Tom ! To the board !!!

I can't speak for that particular swap meet, but in general I'm finding very little for good parts for 67-72 trucks. Most everything is gone from the salvage yards and now the swap meets are drying up. Your best bet is this board, there's lots of members down south & out west selling parts, and many are willing to ship. Good luck with your project !

Gary

My 72 SWB Build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=259859
CUSTOM/10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:36 PM   #5
Toms67

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUSTOM/10 View Post
Hey Tom ! To the board !!!

I can't speak for that particular swap meet, but in general I'm finding very little for good parts for 67-72 trucks. Most everything is gone from the salvage yards and now the swap meets are drying up. Your best bet is this board, there's lots of members down south & out west selling parts, and many are willing to ship. Good luck with your project !

Gary
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-11-2016, 06:39 PM   #6
Toms67

Yes I know probably should look online. But I will get to meet some people that have been doing stuff. Get some input.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-11-2016, 06:49 PM   #7
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Of all the swap meets, large and small, that I have been to I never knew if it was worth going until I was leaving. So far they have all been worth going. But that's because they are yet another way to enjoy being involved with old trucks, even if I never bought a part. You don't know unless you go.
I agree with Tim, you may or may not find parts. But you will meet people to network with, networking pays off. Have fun my friend and leave your shyness in the parking lot.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 10:03 PM   #8
special-K
Special Order

The same stuff you see for sale here you see at swap meets. If parts ever dry up they will dry up everywhere. This is one place, just like anything on the internet, that draws from all over to one spot. Swap meets are hit & miss just as always. But I'll say I'm not seeing swap meet prices on the parts board much at all these days. I know 2 1/2 hrs is a drive to consider, and it's a one day show. But one day local shows around here are full-tilt. A vendor from our local stuff told me at Carlisle he really likes the one day shows. I usually walk away with a truck thing or two

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 05-12-2016, 05:05 AM   #9
Toms67

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
The same stuff you see for sale here you see at swap meets. If parts ever dry up they will dry up everywhere. This is one place, just like anything on the internet, that draws from all over to one spot. Swap meets are hit & miss just as always. But I'll say I'm not seeing swap meet prices on the parts board much at all these days. I know 2 1/2 hrs is a drive to consider, and it's a one day show. But one day local shows around here are full-tilt. A vendor from our local stuff told me at Carlisle he really likes the one day shows. I usually walk away with a truck thing or two
I am looking forward to talking to people. Getting ideas. I wish the weather was going to be better. Hopefully some of it is undercover. Thank you for all the replies.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-12-2016, 06:23 AM   #10
special-K
Special Order

This wet weather has been tough to deal with. I hope it's mostly inside. We have two meets that are put on by local AACA chapters in late-Feb and March. The earlier one is at a fairgrounds with half outside and half in livestock buildings. It is always iffy on weather that time of year, but still worth going. The later one is at a county ag center (no county fair there) inside a large arena and outside vending. Weather determines how much outside action goes on, but the indoor part is well worth it. People come from all over to both. At the one in Feb. I saw a guy I know from NJ that I always see at Carlisle shows

Tim

Old 05-12-2016, 06:33 AM   #11
Toms67

I went to the Carlisle spring show. Years ago. There is a lot to see. What I probably didn't see half of it.I had a real good time. I was amazed how much there was to see.
Posted via Mobile Device